I'm too scared to dump my boyfriend and I'm not happy :(?

So, me and my boyfriend have been going out for 2 and a bit months and I honestly don't feel happy in the relationship. Me and him have absolutely no communication at all. All we do is send silly snaps to each other but don't actually talk. We haven't properly spoken in 2 or more days. :(. I asked if he was alright and all he did was send another stupid selfie and didn't answer my question. He's a nice lad but I honestly don't think he's a good boyfriend. I don't know how to dump him coz we don't see each other in person. So it's going to have to be over text message if j do :(. But sometimes he does make me happy but most of the time he doesn't. I kinda want him to dump me so it's easier on me. Like the last thing i wanna do is hurt him but I'm really not sure if he does love me anymore and he feels the same way as me and is scared to dump me. I would he extremely hurt if I do get dumped and I would be hurting if I dumped him because I still love him and we have had good days. I just don't know what to do anymore. This is my first proper relationship. But we've only met up twice. I really feel like I'm on my own. Can someone please help me?

810

Most Helpful Guy

• My friend, before getting into a relationship, it's always better to be friends to get to know each other. You been in that phase enough, to know if this is gonna work or not. Sometimes in life, we need to take tough decisions. Let him know that you're not happy with this. If you have to make him take this seriously, you need to sometimes do it in a harsh way. No other way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most relationships after the "honeymoon" period tend to get comfortable afterwards. He feels like he has got you so now he doesn't feel like he needs to put in anymore extra effort. From what your saying, he sounds extremely lazy.

You could talk to him about it and see if he will listen but I feel he will be pressured to start a conversation all the time, so reassure him you guys dont have to talk everyday (if you want to, set your standards). If talking doesn't work, actions always speak louder than words. Dont reply to anything he sends until he starts a proper conversation.

You guys should meet up more often, texting can get boring! Try calling him, facetiming him etc.

What Guys Said 9

• If you think it (your relationship and emotions) is not good enough then please tell him clearly but if you have any doubts or if you are confused then something is there in between you and him which binds you together
    Keep calm and think over

• you are on your own

cute as it was

so just stop sending snaps... and it will be over.

• You know what just let it all out like you did here... honesty is the best in these situations

• be honest to him

• Okay well this is normal. It all just comes down to whether you are happy or not. If you aren't then leave. Tell him why. I promise after time goes by you will feel much better about it all

• That sucks. Tell him ur unhappy or ask him if he's unhappy or something I don't know

• Do it already and buy him a case of beer beforehand but do not be at your normal places for awhile like a long while

• you're the one who has to be unhappy. ...

• "i want out, im not feeling this.. what we're doing here" that's all you need to say.

What Girls Said 7

• You're only hurting yourself by staying with him. It's better to end it now than continue on and let him find out you were unhappy the whole time and just too afraid to break up with him. Trust me, it'll be easier on the both of you if you end it now rather than wait.

My ex waited for this exact reason and it caused a whole other can of worms to open up. I had to break up with him and felt like shit, only to find out he was too afraid to do it himself.

Just break up with him and get it done with. You'll be grateful you did.

• Wow. You don't need to be dating anyone until you get this insecurity in check! If you're even thinking of leaving for any reason, then the relationship is already good as over, and you need to end it. It's selfish of you to lead him on like this just so that you don't get hurt. If you're not happy, then cut him loose! It's not fair to him that you're holding him back just because you don't want to be alone!

• Message him... if its the only way just do it now before you get more attached.. itll hurt more if you dont do it now.. honestly he doesn't sound like a boyfriend just a casual friend.. tell him the TRUTH say he doesn't give you what you need be brave... tell him if he's willing to be friends that way you dont have to be out of eachothers lives completely

• You wouldn't really be hurting him if your not really close. So rather dump him or ask for a break period and see of It's any different

• If you feel unhappy it's best, for both of you, to end things and move on. It's never pleasent but unfortunately it doesn't get easier as time goes by

• It doesn't sound like a proper relationship. I would break up with him x

• i say just break up with him, but let him down gently. if you can't see him in person then a video call would work too.