How do I forgive him?

I want to forgive him for cheating on me with my best friend and running off as a coward for 6 months before even speaking to me again... but it always comes back. this angry/sad side won't go away and I really want it to because I love him! I gave 3 years of my life to him before this! he feels it was a big mistake and a road bump, I feel like it was the most devastating thing I ever went through in my life. the sad thing is that he just will never understand all the pain I went through in those 6 months and this really makes it harder to forgive.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• oh my god. I've been through the same crap. please run for the hills and never look back!. they never change. you want to think that they will because you love them. but the fact that he can hurt you and cheat on you just goes to show that not only does he have NO respect for you whatsoever he doesn't care either. I was with my boyfriend for 4 years he did the exact same thing, came crawling back after 6 months saying that he had grown up and blah blah blah. I was an idiot and took him back... he was fine for 5 months but never fully understood that he could no longer be trusted. he fell back into old routines, ditching, cheating, lieing etc. I learned the hard way ... Please don't do what I did,its not worth it.

What Guys Said 3

• sorry 2 say but personally if sum1 had done that 2 me, it wouldn't matter if I did love them I wouldn't go back 2 them, if they done it once they could do it agen, if he cared that much he would have stayed 2 work things out rather than runnin off with ur friend

• Lets just put it this way you won't forgive him even if you made that decision to forgive him it will always be in the back of your mind. Just let it go and move on and learn from the past.

• Why do you want him back, he will probably do the same thing agian with someone else, maybe move on and find someone else...

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!