I dont believe you can be friends with your ex, do you agree? why or why not?

for the person broken up with it is a huge down grade to go from girlfriend to friend. your value to that person just drops and it is unfair and kind of traumatic for the person at least from my experience to be less to a person. it's almost humiliating if you still love them and they break up with you and you value that person so much more than they love you and for them to actually lose their love for you. the person who broke up with them is in a way stringing along the person they broke up with the hope of friendship and the hope of it becoming something more anytime that they show interest with the rejected.

Most Helpful Guy

• Will never move on unless I absolutely cut all interactions with her

So no friends or even hangout with same social circle at least for a while

Most Helpful Girl

• I literally just went through something like this. He broke up with me and after a few months, he insisted on being friends. It was a horrible situation and ruined me emotionally temporarily. The relationship was brief and during, we promised to be friends no matter what. He wasn't there when I "needed" his as a friend, instead he called me crazy during that time for expressing my feelings. During our friendship, I didn't want to stay in the friend zone, wanted more but he didn't. He caused me more pain than he brought happiness and it was only when I told him I didn't want to be friends anymore, he'd try changing for a second and say we promised to be friends. I wouldn't have minded being friendly with him once the feelings were gone but when he wouldn't get his way and things got bad between us, he disrespected me and allowed his friends to as well. I wanted to believe ex's could be friends, and maybe when both parties are mature enough, they can. I just think if that person couldn't do it in the relationship, they won't do it now. It's pointless.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm friends with several exes. We weren't right away, but after time they always get a hold of me down the line.

• No I dont agree

• I agree with you

• I don't think so.

• I'm still friends with multiple exes

• make my level higher and I'll tell

• you gotta earn your levels, it would be unfair to the person who answers the best

• no, you can't

What Girls Said 4

• You can - but then you'd be stupid and will likely struggle to move on (if you ever manage to). Friendship with ex's doesn't make sense as it won't cure your broken heart. It will just worsen it. When they start dating other people it will hurt even more.

• No it's best to move on and not have any contact with each other

• Not good/close friends. Just acquaintances.

• i agree it doesn't happen