He cheated on his last girlfriend six times, could he change?

OK well there;s this guy that I've known for like four years now we didn't talk for a while now we started talking again and we're now dating, although it's just going to be like a summer thing as of right now because he's going off to college in September. well before we started dating he told me from the get go that I shouldn't trust him. he didn't tell me why just that I shouldn't. well a couple of days ago a mutual friend told me that he cheated on his last girlfriend, that he had been dating for three years, six times. I really like him, and I know that after this summer I may never see him again, but does anyone think there's anyway he could change.

Like the other day I was talking to him and asked him how his day has been and he said crappy and I asked why, and he said because of me and he wouldn't say what I did, but he said that I shouldn't worry about it that it wasn't something that I did wrong just something that he's been thinking about and he still acted how he usually after that conversation, but I don't know what that could mean or anything. what does everyone think about this?
5
1