Me and my girlfriend are in relationship for 4 years even though i don't love her and she has an idea of this as well. Guess, we are only continuing it because the thought of being lonely scare us. I might be moving to a different country after 3-4 months. If in case i don't move out, should i continue this relation as it is or should we sit and talk about it and part our ways? i know breaking up will shred her into pieces and i can't see her crying. She is the best person i have ever known.

111

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't love her then you shouldn't stay with her because that isn't fair to either of you. It can be scary to be single after four years of always having someone but you shouldn't let that fear keep you somewhere that you aren't 100% content at.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude, talk to her and break up with her. She has to like herself first and then get into a relationship... And you too. First, we have to love ourselves to live others. You have to be lonely for some time to realize that.
    Bottom line: break up with her and you both have to go on your life

• thanks Borbat, it's so difficult, i never imagined this.

• I don't know the time in your country but text her right now that you 2 need to meet up and talk about it. There's no point on keeping this up. In 2 weeks you'll feel a lot better if you just do it now!

What Girls Said 10

• there's nothing wrong in being alone... it just kinda sucks.. here's the question you should be asking... what's the point of dating someone and putting in the effort, money, time. If its going to end away? To me, I rather being doing something I could love than someone I know I won't.

• yes.. i second that.. but i haven't thought of this when i started. Now after 4 years, it seems so impossible and to be honest i am scared of how she gonna react.

• I haven't dated someone that long, so I can't imagine. Well on that note, the longer you wait the worse it's gonna get.. especially since your already having thoughts

• i have passed 3 years with this thought :).. and this one is my serious relationship... may be that's what making it more difficult.

• If you don't love someone, don't string them along. Be straight uo and honest.

• I'm alone what are you getting at I'm fine. Well in order from other things

• I think that it's more heart-breaking to know you're not loved and your relationship is more a routine thing.
    Keeping it longer seems much more destructive.

The best seems to break up.

• You should talk to her. Take a break... i think thag is necessary. I am single for 24 years. I am not alone as I do have my friends with me. It is good to take a break sometimes as this will be the time you can reflect on what you want to do. It is good to be alone but it is great to love someone and be loved by someone. Not just being with them because it is convenient. :)

• You should be honest and express how you feel. Hiding how you truly feel, especially for a long time, really hurts the partner and yourself. Have you been in love before? It is different to hear that someone is in a relationship with someone for 4 years and not in love. But overall, it's not best to stay in a relationship to avoid being lonely. Do it because you want to be with the person 😊

• thanks for the reply. TO be honest.. i was never in love before , not sure if i am capable of that. But definitely i will try to work on what you suggested.

• Let her be free to find someone to love and to love her as well

• this is unfair to you both. by staying in this relationship you're not giving either of you the chance to find love.

also, why dont you love her if she's the best person youve ever known? is it possible you do love her and you're just not attracted to her sexually?

• Yes you should leave. There is nothing to be afraid of, being alone is a good thing. You get to found yourself and figure out what you what in life and what you expect from a relationship. Things fall apart so that better things can come along. Never settle in a relationship because you don't want to be alone.

• 4 years? Shouldn't be together if don't love each other

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!