Is it really worth being with the guy who caused me the most pain and happiness?

I've been on an off with a mega-hottie for about 2 years now, and he's all I want. When we break up, he goes back to his crazy ex from before he and I became a thing. I love being with this guy, and he has a lot of problems, but I know he cares about me more than anything. Recently I saw him at his ex's house, but when I asked him about it, he told me how she invited him over to talk and nothing happened, he just screamed at her. My parents don't like him, and my friends are worried about me, but they also know how much we love being together. I love laughing with him, falling asleep with him, and I love fighting with him. The bad thing is, it seems like every time we stop being together, he goes back to that ex (she is easy), and I can't move on. I try REALLY hard to make new relationships, but I CAN'T. I don't know what to do, and if this guy is even worth my pain, or if I should just drop him forever- which I don't know if I can do. :l

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I'm going through the same thing,

if he's hurt you so much,

move on,

I know it's easier said than done,

and it will take time,

but it's possible<3

• YOur situation really reminds me of mine with my ex. Except he never run back to an ex. But still it was pain-happiness-pain-happiness, vicious circle.

Well, this guy doesn't have too much respect for you, I can tell you that much. And you seem to understand that this relationship is to your detriment. I'd guess the reason you can't move on is that you are addicted to him. I was addicted to my ex too. I'd strongly recommend you try reading a book "How to break your addiction to a person". The author is Howard Halperin. An excellent book. It clarified so many things for me. Look for it, it might be a life saver