Why would you want to stay in touch with an ex?

• I wouldn't stay in touch with an ex
  • Miss them/hope to be together again
  • Just to be friends
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

61

Most Helpful Girl

• if I do still talk to an ex it's because I'm hoping he'll change and I miss them. "just" friends NEVER works as much as we always hope for. but if you both still have feelings for each other, then of course you should just loose complete contact with him/her. as much as everyone tells me to do that... I can't because like I said, I keep having "hope" that we'll work out again. :(

What Guys Said 1

• If it ended on good terms then I don't see too much of a problem with staying friends as long as your single. Sometimes 2 people get together but the emotional feelings just aren't there so they decide to split up but still like each other as friends, it happens. I think once you start another relationship you should cut all contact with exes out of respect for your partner. I would anyway.

What Girls Said 5

• They mean something to me. Plain and simple. They shared a past with me. Complete with...laughter and embarrassing moments and fights and tears. Even if we don't have a romantic future together, I'd still want them as part of my future. I'd still want them in my life as friends because I still care.

• Sometimes when your in a LONG relationship they get to know EVERYTHING about you so you like to talk to them lol

• if you start as friends I think its only normal to want to remain friends if things don't work out.

• I try not to stay in touch in my exes because if causes problems for future relationships with trusting in my opinion.

• If you get along really well it is a shame to just ignore that. No need to break friendship too.