Am I really back in the friend zone or does she really need time?

So to start off I've known this girl since I was 7 years, we met in High School and I thought she was beautiful, I pursued her but nothing happened. After a while I gave up and settled as her friend, after about a year she asked me if I would be her boyfriend (I was her firs bf). I happily said yes and we dated for like a year and some change. We broke up due to being young and immature and didn't talk for almost two years because she started dating one of my friends a short time after, I reached out in college. And we became friends again she was dating this other guy and he wouldn't let her so we stopped talking for a while. She broke up with him and we started to message on FB, we got our friendship back and started to hang out strictly as friends. Going places, hanging out (movies, lunch), me traveling from college back home to hang out with her. She started dating this other guy and I was still her friend I was around and we continued to hang out. She experienced problems with him and they ended, I was still there. After it ended she came up to my college and we ended up sleeping together (after a long conversation about not letting this ruin our friendship), after this she came up to my school often every couple of weeks and we knew that we were dating or together. We did this for several months but recently she started to work more and didn't really have time to contact me like she was before. And I noticed, I asked her and she stated she was always tired. She came up for my birthday last week and we talked, got into an argument about whats allowed in our relationship like going places like the movies/fairs with other people. After she left I called her the next day and asked what we were she wanted to sort of like friends with benefits, it crushed me. I continued to try to pick her brain and she explained that she needs to get her own life together. Granted she's been in a cycle of relationships since we dated the first time.
+1 y
She still wants to be friends and be invovled in my life, she's coming to my college graduation and she wants to still talk. On a sort of regular basis, she said I was so invested in her life like we were married so should I leave it alone, ignore her or hope for the best. She said we've built a foundation but she doesn't want to live "a life" with someone when she hasn't lived on her own.
0
1