What to say to an ex when?

I started no contact with my ex about a month ago because he started acting differently to me when he met someone new. He told me he cared about me a lot and loved me but he's not in love with me anymore. He also said maybe one day in the future we can be good friends. His rebound relationship didn't work out for him. He ended up hurting her feelings really bad when saying something about her appearance.

He writes notes and status updates on fb all the time talking about how he's "learning life's lessons the hard way", " he will be single for the rest of his life" he's "f***ed up, insecure, neurotic, emotional" and he even said he realizes that he left his perfect girl who he can now look back on and can tell that she was everything he wanted and needed. ( I know for a fact that he is talking about me)

Thing is I feel like he's had time to think about things and I want to get back in casual contact with him... but I don't know how to. I know the NC rule says that they should contact you first but I know he wont. I know him very well and he will rather not because he is ashamed.

What should I say? or should I just leave him be?

11

What Guys Said 1

• kinda sounds like he's looking for another rebound...i don't think that's what you want. keep yur distance for awhile. as much as you would like to start talking to him, the best things is distance for awhile, and once his attitude isn't so apocalyptic, you should start talking again.

• Yea after thinking about it some more I've decided to just let him be about the situation. we obviously both need more time for personal growth. thanks.

What Girls Said 1

• Leave him be. I hate to tell you this but he's just into you again because his other relationship didn't work out. I've been in this situation before trust me. The best thing to do is move on. If you move so will he no questions asked.

Good-luck and please don't go running back to him, because that just shows him that he could be a jerk and you'll just come back. Teach him other wise and don't be the girl who comes back after being treated bad.

• Yea but I think this is a little different because I'm the one who is trying to get in contact with him. He doesn't know that I know anything about him and the other girl or his fb status' and notes. (we aren't fb friends)

• Trust me he knows somet