Have you ever left a relationship when your partner had done nothing wrong and you still loved your partner?

I started dating a woman 2 years ago. We are both looking for a long term relationship. We have the same profession and similar avocational interests. We have spent almost every weekend together for the past 2 years. We waited for about 4 months before we became intimate. Each of us has met the other's family and friends and everyone accepts everyone. We host parties together and work well on such events. We are a wonderful match in all other ways. She understands me and I understand her. I don't want this to end.

I love her and I have told her that. She adores me, she respects me, she trusts me, she knows that I am good for her, she knows that I am trustworthy. . . but she doesn't love me. We have discussed this and she says she does not know why she hasn't fallen for me, but. . . it hasn't happened. I know that she can't command her heart to feel love and I am not angry at her. I love her dearly and I want the best for her as well as for myself. I want to have someone who wants me the same way that I want her, and I want her to have someone that she truly loves. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with an unfulfilled need to be loved.

Two weeks ago, I told her that we should take a break on Easter weekend. I told her that if she really wants to be with me, she should call and tell me that she WANTS to see me. If that happens, we can spend next weekend together but I don't want that to happen simply because it is the default option. If she calls, I'll see her. If she doesn't call me this week, she can call me next week. If she doesn't call me by Friday of next week, I will know that she does not truly want me in her life and I will move on. I can't imagine my life without her but she hasn't called me yet.

Your thoughts, advice, and prayers will be appreciated.
+1 y
She called me Wednesday night. I will be spending the remainder of today and tonight with her. This doesn't resolve our problem but it is an encouraging sign!
5
1