Should you stay with someone who will never love you as much as you love them?

153

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends

Just coz someone doesn't love you the way you love them it doesn't mean they don't love you with all they "have ". Everyone expresses their love and affection in different ways. It doesn't mean they love you less though

If a guy wasn't making the effort in the relationship and it was alll one-sided , or if he told me he didn't love me, but I loved him , then I'd end the relationship

I wouldn't stay with him in the hope his feelings would develop into love, cos it may never happen and the relationship won't be a stable one. If someone doesn't love you , they won't make sacrifices for you, or be committed to you and I'd never accept that

Most Helpful Guy

• Supply and Demand dictate that no relationship will ever be even for something as abstract as "how much I love you vs how much I perceive you to love me"

if two people share love, history, interest in each other's lives, and a genuine inclination for their wellbeing, then that is worth sticking around for.

• That is true; my story goes deeper, but watching her slowly drain herself in an attempt to keep her love for me is what is killing me inside.

• I never looked at it that way. I created this account tonight feeling as if it were my last and only option to hold on. Maybe I can change my relationship if I really wanted to. Thank you, I really appreciate your support on this.

• Good luck my friend.

What Girls Said 14

• No you shouldn't. You deserve better.

• If I could walk away I would, but I'm not sure how at this point.

• No I'd leave. It's not worth it. I've been in this situation many times. It always leads to heartbreak. Because you will always see couples who are so in love and do things for one another and then you look at your partner and they wouldn't do anything for you.

• yes?
    I mean... love isn't quantifiable so how would I know if they love me 'just as much' as I love them, or in exactly the same way?

• Ans is no. But as we love them tht much its very hard to break free

• I am at the gate ready to leave, yet I have no clue how to open it.

• No no no

• hard subject to comment on cuz the situation is important.

• It is and I've been feeling this way for almost 5 years now.

• Absolutely not. There is someone out there that will love you just as much as you love them.

Why settle if you can feel it not coming back?

You deserve better and you can get better. Life's to short to settle!

• How can love be measured? I find it weird to calculate, love itself is a reward.

• Nope. I wouldn't.

• I wouldn't, I want him to love me more than I love him

• Do you feel the person in question deserves better?

• This is difficult question! In reality love is never equal.

• No. It'll just lead to troubles on the long run

• Nope.

What Guys Said 2

• No you shouldn't

• I feel the same, but it's really difficult to take the action of leaving.

• Leave the relationship or try to. If love is present you will not leave alone if you do then you have your answer. One love