Why do people feel the need to ask if it's ok to cheat?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• To try and make themselves feel better about the awful thing they've just done. There's never an excuse for cheating. It's a horrible thing to do to someone.

Most Helpful Guy

• They want to do something deplorable and most people are narcissistic and always imagine themselves as being like the protagonist in film that is morally just and they are looking for a way to warp reality where they can do shitty things but still act as if they are the hero.

What Girls Said 2

• You cheat and we are dine

• did you mean we are done?

• just to start conversation I asked this question because when I just signed up a little while ago for this app the first question I came across was some women who got her professor to cheat on his wife with her and then they got married and she cheated on the professor with his son and now doesn't know what to do.

• They are trying to justify their actions.

What Guys Said 2

• Trying to ease their conscience I guess. If it's okay to shit on peoples' feelings then yes, it's okay to cheat.

• They want permission in order to avoid a guilt trip, that's why.