Should I dump him and how?

I reconnected with an ex who I have a really strong connection with but who is selfish and abusive most of the time. Emotionally abusive, never there for me, abandons me all the time, makes me feel like I mean nothing to him until he wants an ego boost again, along with addiction problems.

He ignored me for days even when I said I had to block his number. So I blocked him and he messaged me on Facebook claiming he tried texting/calling and to let him know by Friday if I still want to talk. I know I want no romantic relations with him but know he really wanted to be friends. I don't know if he even deserves my friendship cause he couldn't even be a friend when he claimed to be "in love". Should I even message back and what should I say? Tell him if I ever choose to be friends I'll let him know, say I need a week or two break no talking? I'm really not sure what to do but i know I don't want to get sucked back into a romantic and Abusive cycle with him again.
Should I dump him and how?
2
2