Would you avoid a location because you knew your ex would be there?

I used to frequent this bar with my ex -- he's a regular at it, so naturally during the duration of our relationship I also became something of a regular. I grew rather fond of that place, but since the break up (5 months) I haven't step foot in that bar. Anyways, am I crazy? Or is this normal?

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Also, for those who feel comfortable being at a place where your ex might be, how long did it take you to feel okay to be in that location again?

66

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would avoid a location if I knew an ex would be there. Depends on the ex. Some I'd actually like to visit with. (Not that I have that many ex's... LOL)

I had to laugh when I ran into an ex at an event. The day before the event, a co-worker asked me if there was any chance that this ex would be there. I said it wasn't local and there wouldn't be any way that she'd even know about it. Lo and behold, there she was. I tried talking to her and she was being weird. I texted my co-worker right away and said that I could not believe that she was there and that she was being weird. Monday at work I had to fill her in on it... LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• No way.

If I want to go somewhere, I go there. That's true even in the most deeply committed relationship -- trust is a thing, after all -- so, obviously it will also be true OUTSIDE a relationship. (How ridiculous would that be, if some boy had more control over my whereabouts as an EX-boyfriend than as a boyfriend? Smh)

If someone is gna back off... well, it's gna be him. <3 I LOVE emotionally loaded conflict. That's the fuel of life itself bby.

What Guys Said 5

• I think seeing an ex doesn't do anything good for either person. I moved to a different state after my break up and went home for the holidays and randomly saw her while I was in the state for three days at the grocery store. I could tell she thought she was flexing on me with her new boyfriend but I am a beast so I wasn't even worried about it.

• It was all fine 'till she became so unreasonable as to be impossible to deal with. About the time the youngest turned 18 and her crap never stopped, it was time to cease all verbal communication. I haven't spoken to her in almost ten years, and really never care to again.
    This divorce cost me right at $485K. I am more than done. In fact, I moved 1200 miles away.

• my home town i dont know if she's still there or not but when im in that town im tring to avoid almost doing much there due to risk i think of seing her... she was some piece of work to make me feel this way

• The city of where my ex lives just triggers me now

• No, don't care.. Exes are nothing to me.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, if I was still hurt. If he was a dog or was rude and 'deserved' it, I'd go there dressed to the 9's whenever possible.

• I'd avoid it... my ex and I were both kind of abusive to each other

• He doesn't own the place & if you enjoy going there, keep frequenting that bar.

• If u do, don't go alone lol

• it would just be awkward, so yh id avoid them