Is going to the movies with a girl cheating?

If they guy has a girlfriend and he wants to take a girl he is friends with to the movies, is that appropriate when you are in a relationship? Esp if the guy does not tell his Girlfriend about it? All he is doing is taking her to the movies.

Doesn't matter now. he was so boring. Went to go see Prince of Persia which was very good. I give it 4 stars.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• i wouldn't call it cheating because there's no evidence he got physical with her, however it is still unacceptable and not justified, because it shows potential in him to cheat in the future. You can have friends of the opposite sex and stuff, its all good, but its generally accepted that you hang out with them in groups of mutual friends, having a one on one solely with that person shows a vague bonding...and if he's your boyfriend he should want to hang out with you rather than his female 'friend.' It definitely brings up a question of trust, and appreciation/love for you from his part. You should talk to him about it.

• *lack of appreciation/love" typo

What Guys Said 3

• Its not cheating, but it would have looked better on him if he had told his girlfriend. she could start having trust issues

• unless he bangs her or makes out with her or she lays her head on his shoulders. If he didn't tell his girlfriend he went to the movies with her I guess you can call it light cheating It just all depends on who you ask.

• In a way, its an opportunity to cheat

• I would say that it's as close to cheating as it gets, because he didn't tell you.

I have taken old girlfriends to lunch but always told my current girl.

He must have know or thought that this was cheating or he would have told you, even if you weren't going to like it.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't see anything wrong with taking a female friend to the movies when you have a girlfriend, but I don't think it's something you should be secretive about.

• I'm not sure if he didn't tell her. Its just when he first came at me it was to talk to me and then he told me that he was seein someone then I told him that I don't mess with people who are in realtionships and then he was like he is just daten so I was like Ok cause I'm dating too. Then he said that he is sorry that he is in a relationship after all and understands that I respect that and would still like to be friends with me. then he invited me to the movies tonight. So I don't think he told her.

• It's not cheating, but it would be nice to let the girlfriend know. :]

Just so it doesn't seem sneakyyyy.

• I just don't see that going well but it is the right thing to do. Its not gonna be easy tellin your Girlfriend that because she will have lots of question and a strong possibility she won't like it.

• Stay positive!!! :]]