What was the longest breakup/heartbreak for you to get over?

What was the cause of the break up?

How long did it take you to get over it?

Did you take certain actions to get over it?

Lastly, how did it feel when when you were all better?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• when I was 15 I fell hard over my first real relationship. he told me all the things that I wanted to here... he told me that I was the only girl who had ever helped him change from a druggie into a person who cares about living, he said I was the only one for him and no one could change that fact. we dated for over two years, he kept his charade up the whole time until the night before our two year anniversary... I was cleaning his room while he was at work and found the box. it said love notes on the side so I was curious to see if he had kept all of mine that I had written him... I was stupid... inside were a ton of notes from other girls, used condom wrappers, a bong, some razor blades, and a small bag of weed. I realized that I had been dating a lier and I broke up with him when he came home, he got mad and said horrible things, he basically confirmed my worst fears, he told me he had cheated on me multiple times and he started doing drugs again and he said that it was all my fault that he was a horrible person. I never talked to him again... now two years later I'm completly over him and I'm completely happy with my life I'm going to college, I have an amazing boyfriend, and I'm living my life. it took me a full year to forget him completely I changed my hair and painted my room, I went shopping A LOT lol I basically got a fresh start but I did get over him entirely and I can say that I am truly happy, I'm in a really good spot in my life and I'm really glad he's no longer in it.

What Girls Said 3

• I was with my ex for 3 yrs, he fell outa love with me.. Ummm took me about a year to completerly stop hurting. 3 years have past now and I still have a soft spot for him. He was my first bf, first everything. When I got over it I was happy, a lot happier. I've now been with my current boyfriend for about 2 years and he's great. Once you have a bf, he sets the standards, it's unlikerly ull ever go for a guy under ur standards, if that makes sense.. The thing that made me get over was accepting he was never coming back.

• My ex bf, we were together during 3 years and 5 months, but we broke up because he cheated on me..I took me about 3 months to get over it (people say short time), but let me explain: I forgot him this quickly because 2 weeks after we broke up, he was seeing another girl (who became his girlfriend now), so, by his behaviour I could realize he never deserved me...So, now, I see clearly that he did me a FAVOR!

• never had a boyfriend or a heartbreak before :(

What Guys Said 1

• Cheating, don't really get over it, easier with time, rebound relationship helps, hobbies interests, alcohol, eventually you can move on and see other people...