Break up but he didn't accept it?

I literally told him that I didn't want to continue any further into our relationship because i prioritise my education first and everything will change by the time I go to university and have different plans not willing to comprimise anything for him in this relationship, whereas i've always been his first priority, we weren't meant to be, so he deserves better and i'm sorry i couldn't give that to him. Then he tells me he how much loves me and wants to be with me than anyone else no matter what. It's obvious he's way more into me than I am into him, he doesn't get that I will eventually leave him. So this break up failed because he's not accepting it, why is he like this and what can I do?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Education is important but if you feel this way about education then why did you even start dating him when you know you won't give him what he may need. It is not a fair way to go about a relationship and i recommend reconsidering your relationship as if you do have feelings for him then you will actually be able to create compromises. YOU SHOULD NOT LET SCHOOL BE TAKEN TO SUCH A HIGH LEVEL OF IMPORTANCE THAT IT MAKES DECISIONS FOR YOU!!! You only have one youth and that is where you make the decisions that you will treasure the most in your life, do not make decisions out of your own desire for school, it is selfish. Social interaction is crucial at a young age because if you struggle now you will struggle even more with it as you get older.

Most Helpful Girl

• Seriously? There is no such thing as a failed break up - you just didn't have the courage to go through with it.
    If you want to break up with him you say it, and mean it. He can't MAKE you see him again or continue to date him, so to say the break up didn't work is just you not having the courage to stand up and tell him you meant what you said and telling him to get lost.
    The responsibility lies at your feet not his

What Guys Said 5

• It didn't fail, it's over. You told him that and now it's time to put action behind your words and move on.

• I think you should not do it, a time will come when you will miss him, you should make him realise slowly that ultimately it is going to get over in a way you think he will understand, if you do this suddenly he will never get over you, will keep coming and maybe he will hate you, if you leave him like this. please make him understand by being with him, start engaging him in some other activities which he like subtly.

• Wow I actually feel bad for him that hurts and no it succeeded he just doesn't want to acknowledge he got dumped

• you can go to school and have a boyfriend. don't be that girl with the poor excuses

• you have told him already that you wsnt a breakup , now just block him if he keep on insisting

What Girls Said 2

• Ghosting is the only next step if you were up front and honest. He will ask why and just reinterate because I told you we are broken up etc

• he loves you so much dear. don't let him down. you can find someone you love but there's no guarantee that someone will love you the way your now boyfriend does. i can say this because i know how it feels to regret my decision of breaking up my ex. but again, it's back to you. choose what's best for you :) good luck!