Is this a good idea?

My boyfriend and I broke up about 2 months ago and when we broke up he said he wanted to be good friends and I wanted to as well. Then we stopped talking and he unfollowed me on Instagram. So totally ignore each other. I know both of us are trying to get over everything that has happened but both of us have too much pride to straight up tell each other we want to try being friends. So I've always wanted to throw a surprise party for someone. Our good friend is turning 16 and we both care about her a lot. She's not doing anything for her birthday so I want to throw her a surprise party. Since she is also good friends with my ex I would invite him. In the case he shows up I would just act myself and hopefully that will remind him why him and I were friends in the first place. Plus by the time the party is thrown it will be going on 5 months since we broke up which I think is enough 'healing time'. is this a good plan or am I relying too much on chance? Any other opinions and wisdom will help too!
Is this a good idea?
Add Opinion