Text him now, wait, or let it go?

So my boyfriend of three years and I broke up almost exactly 2 weeks ago.

To be honest, I don't feel sad anymore. But I do value him so much as a person and want to salvage things if possible.

It was a messy breakup, and I acted totally batshit crazy and emotional. For months before we broke up tbh.

His birthday was a couple days ago.. should I text or wait? I've been keeping busy with work, friends, and just started therapy.. but I don't want to let grass grow between us.

Is it smarter to give the situation more time or to strike while the iron is hot? Or just walk away? We really did love one another :(

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, first of all what you wanna do with him is tell him exactly what you said here, that you acted totally batshit crazy and emotional. Apologize if you feel that you have to. Then, tell him that you dont want to let grass grow between you two.
    I can tell you care about him and to be honest, its only been 2 weeks, thats nothing.
    So dont wait for miracles and contact him, the way you say things seems like you two will get back together.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see anything wrong with wishing him a happy belated Birthday and if he wants to keep talking, great. If not, let it go

What Guys Said 7

• Smarter to never speak to him again and move on with your life. Exes are exes for a reason. Dont be friends.

• 1) why did you break up?
    2) can you (and him) just be friends
    3) do you want to talk because you value his friendship or because you need an ego boost from someone?
    4) whatever the answer to those questions is, 2 weeks is probably too short of a time to see the situation from a mature POV
    Hope you are not offended by anything I said

• 1) bad communication, and I was going a little batshit.
      2) I don't think either of us are interested in being "just friends". Too much intensity between us.
      3) I want to talk to him because I miss him, and his many wonderful traits.
      4) I'm thinking you're right on this. I want to try texting him, and then I chicken out. I think the timing is just not there yet.

• No, it's definitely not just that. He's a great person.

• Well... maybe you can go talk to him then... but careful... two weeks is a very short amount of time... you're playing with fore my dear 😄

• text him but you won't get a reply since the break up is just fresh.

• Text him

• u can wish him on his birthday belatedly.

• Wait it out

• text him and then carry on with your day... it'll make sense as times goes on :)

• I don't want him to think I'm pining. But I feel like if I text him in a month, it'll still seem like pining, just for even longer.

• Your over thinking way too much and i know that feeling but trust yourself and take control of you're ability to be strong. Literally just by being yourself and doing what you want to do. If his a decent guy he will understand and not think any further about it

What Girls Said 1

• If you truly love him dont let him go. Every relationship has a breaking point , but it's up to you wether or not you. want to fix it.. An if he doesn't want to then it's all on him.