Has an ex/ or current boyfriend/girlfriend talked badly about you to their friends?

I was wondering if anyone had any stories? I recently broke up with my ex and found out everything he had said during/after our relationship. It was heartbreaking.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Well...turns out the guy I was kind of seeing was trying to make a pass at my friend one night -- the same night he first kissed me, actually. She never told me the exact story, but just implied that I should be careful because she's seen what he's like when he's drunk. Then, when I ended it because he gave me more blatant reasons not to trust him, he started implying that the only thing I have going for me were my looks and how empty my personality is. Which hurt like crazy, but apparently I hurt him by breaking things off and acting completely normal with him. No excuse, but it did make me feel better. Now he has a girlfriend and he shamelessly hits on me. Good riddance for me. Good luck to his girlfriend!

There's bound to be stuff that he may have said about you in the past, but they could have been just out of anger. Or things taken out of context. Or something about you that irked him, but not enough to run away screaming. (I'm sure there is something that bothers you about at least one of your really good friends, but it's not enough for you to stop being friends with that person.) Now that you guys are broken up, his comments about you are obviously going to be more emotional. Take them at face value, honey. Clearly he's not worth it if he's choosing to bring it back to grade school. It still hurts all the same, but be grateful. A person's true character can come out after a breakup. Unfortunately, this is part of his.

Sorry this was so long! I wish you the best. Break ups really hurt, but keep your chin up. And show him that you'll be okay without him!

What Guys Said 1

• I had an ex girl friend who told people at my college that I was gay because we never had sex ;(

What Girls Said 2

• I've never found anything about my exes talking badly about me, but my boyfriend's ex went around their college to her friends saying how horrible he was and nasty things about him, and since the friends of friends kind of link. Sometimes he would end up meeting her friends (not knowing they were her friends but they would know who he was) and would say they were surprised he was nice because she said he was the complete opposite.

You just have to ignore it all and if you need to, separate yourself from those people who will talk badly about you. Don't let it break you and just go on with your life. Good luck.

• Unfortunately, I have been there many times. MY exes would tend to say things that didn't happen, because the way we would break up would hurt their ego; so to feel gr8 they would talk trash.

Anyway, KARMA...