How do you guys deal with heartbreak?

I'm talking about both girls and guys in general.

916

Most Helpful Guy

• eat ice cream, stay in bed, try not to cry, end up with an anxiety attack in the shower. feel like a complete shit, debate whether or not to text her again. hate self again, eat comfort food in bedroom while swaddled in blankets. stop talking with outside world

Most Helpful Girl

• Not well, usually. My process is as follows:
    "Don't freak out. Don't freak out. He's just taking a few days to chill. You'll hear from him soon." After a few days, I freak out, push too much, and overtext. Then, once I realize that its actually over, I go into a shell, close myself off from everyone, and hit the rum a little too hard. And then after a few weeks I'm over it.

What Guys Said 15

• Heartbreak? Like breaking up with someone I have been dating?
    She's been the one that breaks it off, and really, I didn't feel much at all.
    Bye, bye.
    I was more upset when my little dog passed, than the last few GFs broke up with me.
    My only 'Heartbreaks' in the last 15 years, were losing my two little dogs!

• You drink to help forget... then wake up with a hangover and a drawn penis on your forehead... you still remember and it keeps hurting but pretend like nothing ever happened and just put on a 'happy mask' you keep trying to forget until it doesn't hurt as bad.

• I think getting a hobby is the best way.
    It can be as simple as watching tv series all night or gaming or pursue Art n Craft or Study or whatever you find interesting.
    Getting good at it kinda lifts your confidence and provides the much needed diversion. It may even let you meet with people having similar hobby so you can make new friends etc etc.

• Whiskey

• workout

• crying myself to sleep

• tinder

• my way of dealing with it was cry until I was no longer able to feel emotion that way I don't have to feel it again

• viciously masturbating

• I try to be busy to don't think in that. but I am not good at dealing with it

• start enjoying your company rather than waiting for someone else to join

• we fuck other women. that's how we deal with it

• So you use other girls to make yourself feel better. Interesting.

• no. there are women that go out to clubs and bars to get laid. so they want a one night fling and I ablige

• nothing try to get over with it 😇

• We don't.

• Not well :(

• What do you tend to do when heartbroken

• Get depressed, feel hurt and worthless

What Girls Said 8

• Distract myself and spend as much time with my friends as possible! I went through a break up a year ago that fucked me up really bad and literally the night after he broke up with me my friends came over to cheer me up and we ate pizza and watched a movie, helped me SO MUCH

• Substance abuse.

jk 😏

Just remember there's a bazillion people out there, so if you keep trying, you'll find the right person 😇

• Cry in the shower or in my pillow for a good week. Pick myself up, dust myself off, hit the gym, log on tinder, bang a dude hotter than my ex. There, over it. Life goes on.

• A man is not worth crying over. I usually have the next guy lined up beforehand anyway. A woman has to come prepared. <3

• I don't know what it's like. I never had a boyfriend.

• Cry about it and listen to bring me the horizon
    And
    Meet other people

• emotionally detach

• they hold it inside