Do you think I can get my ex back?

Well the other day I posted about my boyfriend and how I felt he was not communicating with me and everything. I went on about how he and I would always have sex whenever we were together. Well I took the poster's advice on here, which I am very grateful for, don't get me wrong am not saying that everyone advice was really bad. So after taking your advice I called him up, we talked about it in a very mature manner. He listened to me, and I listened to him. He apologized to me and told me he was very sorry that he made me feel that way and that he thought he was doing right by me. He said that maybe we shouldn't be dating and that instead stay friends. He told me that he sees me as a very special person and that he would like to stay in contact with me from time to time. I agreed to this but now after about two days of this break up I am really starting to miss him.

But in the end I honestly believe that it was a complete miss understanding between us, and lack of communication.

Do you all think that I can possibly get him back? He really was a great guy I just honestly feel I let my insecurities get in the way and let my thoughts and emotions get the best of me. I should have talked to him from the very beginning about all of this.

He has no hard feelings against me or anything, I really want him back. But at the same time I want to give him some space, so I was thinking maybe wait at least until a month before I contact him?

So all in all my question is this:

Do you think there is a chance that we could get back together? And do you think me waiting a whole month before contacting him is a good idea?

Thank you so much for you help!

Sorry for the long post!

11

What Guys Said 1

• he will most likely contact you if you wait a bit. If he doesn't well you have some work ahead.

• I am hoping he does. I really am, I know that me just stepping back and giving him time to think about he and I together will probably make him miss me. He told me that he would miss me....I miss him holding me....It's driving me crazy. = [ Thanks for your opinion....

What Girls Said 1

• It hurts me to even read this because of how similar it is with my ex and I at the moment..

Im going through the same thing, and god, I know how bad it hurts, seriously. I've never been this depressed before in my life.

I feel I let my insecurities get in the way as well, and the last time we talked he said he still wants to be friends, he cares about me, but he just DOESNT want a relationship right now..

I am in the same spot as you.. and so far I have done no contact with him for a little over 2 weeks, and it is so very hard. I feel if these guys care about us and really want to stay friends, that they will contact us, like jefferson said. Its just about having self control until then.

I want to get back together with my ex as well, terribly, but I'm holding myself back from begging and pleading with him, which I hope you have as well. I slipped up a little bit, but I don't think its too drastic.

I think a month is good.. that's what I'm trying to do, but every day I don't hear from him it hurts worse and becomes more apparent that he's moving on without me.

Either way, I think not talking to these men is our best and ONLY option. You need to set him free, and if he comes back then you know its meant to be (cliche I know, but I think its the truth!)

I'd be interesting in talking to you privately about this and sharing our stories/circumstances, as well as the final outcome for both os us.. I know its a hard time, BELIEVE me. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel right now either, but I have hope that it is there.

• Yes I would really appreciate that. I really need to talk with some one who understands what I am going through. I am really sorry to hear that you are facing the same problem. Maybe us talking about it will both help get us through this. = ]