Never been kissed.. Never have had a boyfriend..

When I tell people this they don't believe me. They go off about how they would date me in a second and I am beautiful and all that. And it's not that "friend" sympathy. Like "psh no! Your pretty!" They have legit shocked looks on their faces. I doesn't really bother me.. But today I feel a little bothered. Probably because my friend and I talked about it last night. Everyone's always saying how I could get a boyfriend in a second.. Then why haven't I? Is something wrong with me? I don't want a boyfriend just to have a boyfriend like those annoying high school girls. I want to be passionate about someone. Someone to talk to and make me smile. I feel like it's because well I'm a Junior now.. And it's pretty much been the same people from 1st grade to now. So we are all sick of each other? But a ton of people seem to still find boyfriends. From other towns and such. I'm just curious how this happens? Lol. Probably from sports and stuff. I don't really know if this is a question it was before.. But not so much. Just do you have any opinions? I don't need a boyfriend. I'm not looking for one. But if one comes along I won't just say no because I don't want one. I'm just confused.

710

Most Helpful Guy

• well I honestly haven't even looked at your picture, and I wish I could find a girl like you...a girl who dosnt want all that skankky jank (as you said like most high school girls)

so I don't know why you havnt found a boy friend, unless you just don't tell people the way you are, and your personality

If you lived closer to me id date you... just sayin

:)

What Guys Said 9

• Sounds like to me your to mature for the people your own age, not saying it's a bad thing. When I was in high school it was the same way, girls and guys mainly date to say their dating, there was no true feelings there. When you do want to look to date try old guys who have an time to mature more and realize it's not about trying to hit it. Good Luck :)

• You pretty much said it yourself...the worst reason to get a boyfriend is just because "everyone is doing it" and your friends are trying to make you feel like you're wrong for not having one...

Save that poor boy some heartbreak...and don't say you want to be his girlfriend, just so you can say you have a boyfriend...only to discover you were never really interested in him a month later...

It sounds like your friends are really going out of their way to find boyfriends, if they're finding them in other towns and far-away places. I never knew anyone who did that when I was growing up, but I didn't grow up in a small town. So no idea how it happens...I just don't think it's something you need to expect will happen right now...

• You are not alone. I am my girlfriend's first serious Boyfriend and we met as 25 year olds. I have no idea how that's possible. She is amazing, talented, and gorgeous. She was just a bit shy and needed someone fearless like me to break through.

I'm not saying you have to wait that long. You could meet an amazing guy tomorrow. Just don't feel like you need to fit a mold. I had many girlfriends before Amanda, but if I could have skipped straight to her, I could have saved a truckload of drama.

Best of Luck

- M

• Has any guy even asked you out? Do you put on makeup and perfume to get noticed? That would help you.

• You want a quality relationship

Finding guys like that in high school

Good luck with that

And asking why you've never dated when you don't want to

Pretty self explanatory

The way you think gives a certain vibe about you

I know it sounds crazy but its true

For some people you can look at them and see "Do they want to date or not"

And for me, it kinda sucks because I've only liked those kinds of people

That or they change opinions and don't choose me

• Who says I don't want to date?

• Sorry, I read a sentence and didn't finish it

("I don't want a boyfriend) just to have a boyfriend like those annoying high school girls"

I read in the parenthesis

My bad!

• There is no hurry just take your time and you will be fine!

• Finding someone (passionate) towards you just like you want to be passionate about him is hard in high school trust me. Mostly guys look for sex, or just not to be left out. If you really want to find that guy in a high school then look for someone that cares about his future, see if he works, if he gets along with his family. Any guy that does that is a passionate person that will care for you same as you will for him.

• wait til college you will meet so many new people or do something your passionate about then you might find a guy who is also passionate about that too who knows

• I guess just be happy that everyone thinks you have a chance. I wish I had that.

• Aw, that's rediculous! Everyone has a chance. You aren't confident enough in yourself. You need to give yourself props instead of feeling like crap. Also.. confidence is a turn on. Healthy and sexy! Look at that! xD

• So true. a random girl can walk into the middle of (insert popular spot here), ask a guy to go out/have sex with her, and 99% will say yes.

• No a *HOT* random girl :D

What Girls Said 7

• Girl, I admire you so much. One time I went out with a guy just because I thought, "hey, I have nothing to lose", and now I totally regret it. Don't let it bother you, because I'm sure once you come across that one guy you are truly passionate about, it will be 1000 times more worth it than those short term superficial relationships so many people get themselves into. Chin up :]

• You're really smart about this. I felt the same way then I met a guy I knew for 7months before we started going out and it was at a gym we would see each other everyday and well from day 1 were into each other and because of that we were always togather and getting to know each other and our relationship is going great so far because of this and we get along great its perfect...its not about being the couple of the year for other people to look at...the best decision is to wait until your ready and find the right person not when other people think its time for you to get into a relationship because things most likely will not work out at all..other peoples thoughtsand opinions don't matter yours do . : )

• You are not the only one who feels inexperienced( my best friend's 19 and a half, and tonight is the first time she's going on a date), and you're still really young, so don't feel too bad at not having fallen madly in love. Things like love take time and knowledge about what you want in a partner.

• Yeah I got the same reaction from my first boyfriend he was totally shocked that I had never had any other boyfriends before him. But I agree with hvacr just take your time some guy will notice you eventually I never thought that any guy would ever notice me but one did and even though he broke up with me I'm glad for the experience/lesson that I got from him. Oh course I didn't sleep with him or anything. Thank god lol

• This sounds like me.. lol :)

It can be a bit depressing at times. Just remember that not everyone has a bf/gf. You'll find a great guy, just give it time.

• I am in the same position!

Same age too.

• Story of my life :)

I just graduated college and I've never had a boyfriend or been kissed. You just need to remember that you have standards and you know what you deserve in a relationship. You aren't going to be labeled as someone's girlfriend if you won't be with them for the long term and are interested in them. I respect you so much for that. Most girls, especially in high school, want a boyfriend because it's the thing to do. You seem like you're on the right track to having a solid, lasting, REAL relationship... that is when you find the right person. Don't rush into it with anyone just to have someone.

• I hate how us guys always have to initiate everything, I resent doing it, but I try not to let it stop me because unfortuneately that's the only way us guys are going to get into a relationship