How do you prefer to handle a breakup?

How do you prefer to handle a breakup?
It is time to break up. I have tried to be the best boyfriend that I can be but, after two years, she just isn't into me. I've told her that I love her; she has told me that she really likes me, respects me, and trusts me. . . but she doesn't love me. Spending time together is not as important to her as it is to me. In the last three weeks, we have spent only one night together. She had plans for all those other weekend days I wanted to be together, and her plans didn't include me.

I am not angry at her but I am disappointed that she has been somewhat selfish in our relationship. I could tell her how I am sad, disappointed, etc. but what's the purpose? It won't change anything. So why even tell her all the reasons and go through the litany of "I said this and then you said that and then I did this," etc?

Of course, if our relationship had been toxic, my plan for breaking up would revolve around minimizing the drama and the potential for any arguments getting out of control. But that is not a concern.

Have you broken up when you realized that a long term relationship just wasn't working? How did you break up?
I have never had a relationship that broke up.
My only breakups were of toxic relationships and I just made sure that I was safe.
When I broke up, I told my SO via text or email
Vote C
When I broke up, we did it over the phone
Vote D
When I broke up, we did it in person but it was brief and relatively unemotional
Vote E
When I broke up, we did it in person and discussed the reasons. Later, I realized that this WAS helpful
Vote F
When I broke up, we did it in person and discussed the reasons. Later, I realized that this was NOT helpful
Vote G
GirlGuy
How do you prefer to handle a breakup?
9
13