Will he ever realise what he has lost? Do men come back?

My ex and I were due to marry in 3 months time. In all honesty, I wasn't happy but I didn't have the courage to call it off myself. We were together for only 8 months and it was a long distance relationship. I'd say our good times only lasted the first 3 months. I wanted more time in getting to know him but he was adamant on marrying asap & settling down. I agreed in the end. As time went, I realised he had absolutely no respect for me, our arguments became frequent & he resorted to calling me derogatory names each time. I explained how I felt later but he would say "I have to call you names because I can't hit a girl; Name calling isn't personal to me; you're over sensitive." On many occasions, he'd demand a break. He even used to check out other girls in front of me. He wanted me to become more modest with my clothing even though I don't wear revealing clothes. The last few weeks of our break up became really bad. I used to put him first in absolutely everything, gave him so much, recreated his whole resume, made lots of effort to go & see him. He was v unappreciative for all my efforts. During this time I was realising he wasn't ready for commitment as his decisions didn't consider me. I wasn't going to get a proper honeymoon because of his messy finances but he was going abroad for a stag. We decided a break for 2 weeks and 2 days in I created an Instagram acc. Where I went to follow him, I saw that he had liked a girl's pic who was wearing next to nothing. I felt so hurt. He was such a hypocrite. Next, I made a mistake which I feel so disappointed in myself for. He'd told me something in confidence and in anger/upset, I exposed this secret to his father. Since then, he has blocked me on whatsapp and doesn't want anything to do with me. I've told him countless times I'm sorry, but he doesn't want me. Will he ever realise what he has lost in me? He'd told me on the day I returned his belongings to him that other than the mistake I'd made, I was perfect for him.

30

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• He lost nothing, you lost nothing, love is just an act of good will, not something to have to rely on. Just move on and Tc 😊

• He sounds like fucking garbage! You deserve better then that. He will probably realize it one day after he's fucked so many girls and realizes no one wants him.

• Why do you want this asshole back? You like men that treat you like shit? You got issues.

• Tbh I know he's not right for me. But it still hurts.

• @BasicFlake you've made me feel loads better - thank you :)

• @Star11xxx You're welcome :)