My cancer male is playing with my heart and head?

So my ex who I was with on and off for four years has recently got back in touch after 5 months of no contact , everything was going well saw each other a few times even slept together twice (my idea) but no when ever I suggest Hooking up or doing something he says no. With not a real reason. We text but mostly I initiate it or he'll text me if I say to him something like text me later... is he testing me? Like what's going on we haven't spoke about anything to do with us he was seeing someone and that didn't work out but I wanna know why get back in contact after so long just to be like this!
+1 y
So more to this! We've still been hanging out and sleeping to each other and he's making more of an effort to start conversations and carry them on but we're going to a hotel and cinema Saturday night and when I was talking about it he snapped at me and said chill out were not together! I said sorry and he then said didn't mean to snap didn't want to give you the wrong idea! What is going through his head why is he so hot then cold!
1
1