A guy I know treats me so bad. I am unable to understand his intention please help me figure out?

I am a girl grown up by orthodox parents, have been studied in all girls colleges and schools. when I first joined in job a guy approached me and started flirting with me. I tried avoided his calls and not responded to his messages. One day he suddenly stopped messaging and calling, I couldn't concentrate on anything I called him to check if he is ok. Later he met with an accident I was calling him daily to check if he has taken medicines slowly I started falling for him. When I am discussing with my girl friends I came to know he flirts with other girls as well. It broke my heart and I tried to stay away from him. Then later after some days he got engaged, I didn't feel anything. I was happy for him. I don't know what happened his engagement broke off, suddenly he started calling me for coffee. I wanted to be there with him during his tough times. we started meeting everyday for coffee and suddenly he compared me and my best friend, praised her and asked me to be like her. I felt so heart broken all I ever wanted to be is to be perfect for him, when I said him how I felt sad when he compared me with her he stressed again that I am so childish and asked me to be matured like her. I stayed away from him for a while but my feelings for him were always there. even though we have a history and we known each other from a long time he doesn't talk to me in public and treats me like I am a stranger in front of my other friends, that part use to puzzle me. I carried with the flow and pretended as if I am just an acquaintance to him. After 6 months our gym timings got coincided again, all the while we stayed in phone contact he use to call me some times in night I use to call whenever I faced any guy problem. deep down I know I am not matured enough to handle guy conflicts and I needed his help. during this time he started to praise my body parts, started telling me that he wanted to tap my a** I am not a strong person to shout and I don't know even I liked that kinda talk
3
1