I dumped my girlfriend and everybody wants to kill me. What did I do wrong? Any advice?

I'm new to this site but could use some help.

So, I broke up with my girlfriend of 4 months a few days ago. I don't regret leaving her, but I regret breaking her heart. She was nice, but that's all the upside. She has very bad anxiety and the relationship was just miserable. The sex was awful. "Am I doing right?" "Ow, I'm sorry." We could never do anything in public without her clinging to me like a child. Parties were always terrible with her. I was trying to get her out of her shell, but she always just asked to leave. When I wanted to go to a party, I was always guilted into staying or I would go and she lit up my phone. I could write a book but, I just broke up with her in a very respectable way. But, she and her friends have been sending me all of this shit for breaking up with her, when I was so unhappy (Just Google image search "I thought you were different" and I have gotten just about every one). I have been talking to other girls and her friends just text me that I'm an asshole for talking to other girls (my ex doesn't).

I want to be happy too. Her friends are awful. My ex is probably in a puddle of her own tears. It was only about 4 months too. What did I do wrong? What should I do?
4
2