How do you end a 3 year relationship?

I obviously still care for my boyfriend a lot but after a lot of stuff that happened I just don't feel the same way. I feel we'd be better off separate ways but I have no idea what to do. I don't want to break his heart.

312

Most Helpful Guy

• Well i don't know what the stuff that happened but I'm pretty sure that you are stupid.. you just want stuff to go the way you want..
    Being in a relationship for 3 years is almost a lot and giving up after all things happened between you and him because of little problems?
    what do you expect? a life with no problems?
    now i dont know the whole story but you better warn him tell him what is annoying you and if it kept going u gotta leave because he is not changing ( not changing him the way you want but only if he is doing bad stuff like drugs etc. and if he jealous no guy would be jealous if you dont make him jealous. ) keeping secret etc.

• Pretty sure I'm stupid? Well fuck u guy like u said u don't even know the situation.

• clearly you haven't read what i said up there or you didn't understand because i know my English is bad, if he is drug addicted like i said up there just tell him to change and if he didn't you going to leave.

• thanks :)))) <3 hope everything is sorted now ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• You fake your own death and move to another city to start life anew.

What Guys Said 11

• You're not kids. He'll understand. It may take him a bit, but who knows, maybe he feels the same way and doesn't want to hurt *you*. I'm guessing you've already tried talking this out?

• Are you asking how you do the actual break up or how do you deal with the aftermath of a break up?

• Well you are going to break his heart in someway. Best way to do it is just do it. Talk like adults. He may be even feeling the same way.

• Just do it and be direct about it. Just rip it off like a bandaid and it'll all be over soon just like that. The more you prolong it, the more he's going to get hurt. Just be honest and tell him the truth rather than some bullshit stuff

• Id go for "I loved you when we started. Then a lot of things happened. I dont love you anymore. Gl hf"

Asking random people on the internet is a bad idea. They can't give you advice because its your relationship. You know it the best. Also Id put more thought into it if i was you if you dont know how to say something to a person after 3 years without hurting them too much.

• Just tell him it's over.

• I can tell your more worried about what he's going to do to himself when you tell him it's over, i. e. he may over dose? But that's not your problem you showed him you cared and loved him by sticking through it but it clearly looks like it's not working, I hate to see a 3 year relationship end but trust me if he doesn't stop doing drugs it will get more and more serious and you will be the one getting hurt really bad. physically and mentally

• get a new place and move out. :p sadly you have to look after

• just tell him just like you wrote it here.

• If it's too hard to meet him in person to break with him then just do it over the phone. 😂

• Go get banged and record that, send him that video via FB or whatsapp.. thats it..

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should break it off.

• be open to each other n talk face to face