I found a suicide note written by my partner whom I'm breaking up with?

I recently told my partner I wanted to end our relationship, he asked if I would consider couples therapy first. We have been together a long time so I agreed to go. The other day I went to log into my email and his was still signed in, I found a draft and it was a suicide note. Saying that if the couples therapy doesn't work he is going to kill himself. He has a plan to buy a gun and a place where he will do it. He has people whom will receive the note and it even says goodbye at the end.
It was very upsetting because we have children together and he has so much to live for besides me. It makes me angry that he would do that to his kids. I talked to him about it, told him that I will always care about him even if we don't end up together and that the kids need him in their lives. I talked to him about how I could just as easily die and he needs to be able to be alone.
He said it was just a spur of the moment thing and he isn't going to actually do anything. But I'm still concerned. He hates therapy and feels it's pointless because he had a bad experience with them as a child. His sister asked me to go to couples therapy just so I can get him to go to a therapist even if I don't plan on staying. The only issue is the next available appointment isn't until July and I feel so trapped. Like I finally got the courage to say how I feel so that we can move foward but I can't move foward. It's frustrating but I'm too afraid to leave because I don't want him to hurt himself. But now I can't stop thinking about his mental stability. I'm not sure what to do.
3
0