Why do some people feel the need to speak badly of their ex after a break up?

I saw a question on here a couple of days back, where a girl put up a picture of herself with the caption "why would he break up with me?" and then at the end of the question said "by the way he has a small dick". I really just don't understand what people hope to get my talking about their exes like this? Her ex was never going to see that so I don't understand, why bother? It just seems so pointless to me.

I've been through some bad break ups but I'd never ever speak badly of any of my exes because It'll just make me look petty and bitter and because I spent a huge part of my life with them, they made me who I am today. If anything, I'm grateful for them.

I've seen so many girls do this and I just don't understand? Not even just on GaG, in real life too. Anyone who can shed some light on this to me, I'm entirely grateful 😂
25
6