Is this normal for girls?

Okay lets say this guy you think is pretty cute, and you can see yourself dating him has a girlfriend. For whatever the reason, it being she's a bitch, ugly, or whatever, you don't like his girlfriend. Then one day they break up, and sometime along the line lets say 6 months to a year later. You find out he likes you, so you know he likes you, and he knows you like him. Would you still have second thoughts about dating him because of the girl he dated previously?

I personally think that is a bit childish, but maybe its because I'm a guy and I just don't understand the mind of a girl. I don't know, but please tell me what your take on this is.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• what you mean second thoughts because she doesn't like the previous girlfriend? If that's teh case then it depends. I mean, if she knows that girl or has any sort of contact with her (whether she likes her or not) then I guess sometimes for some reason it could affect her decision. But if its just a girl she knows of, doesn't speak to, but doesn't like her then yes I agree..it is pretty childish.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think so. I would probably only have second thoughts if her look/personality is a sharp contrast to my own because then I wouldn't think the guy is my type (even if I know he likes me).

What Guys Said 1

• You may have a chance with her if she likes you to be friends. Then go from there asking her out. What happens is that girls ussually compare themselves to who you last went out with and this can go against you if the girl was not to her expectations. I think you get the idea here. If you date ugly girls that is the main reason men don't put them out in their circle very easily ; because your next hook up may come from that pool of friends.