Should I stay or should I go?

So me and my boyfriend of almost 5 years called it quits recently. At the end of the day we ended up calling it quits all because of some big misunderstanding, I mind everyone though that this isn't the first time something like this has happened and on top of everything we had just agreed to get our own place together! So now here I am, in this new apartment newly single and kinda broken.
I started talking and hanging out with an old friend and one thing lead to another and we hooked up... twice.
I feel like a horrible person because now my ex wants to get back together and try and work things out but I feel as if after all of said events that I need my space. Basically I just feel stuck and don't know what to do... HELP!

12

What Guys Said 2

• Im 28, and have been in 2 five year relationships. The second relationship ended 4 months ago. I honestly don't know how to feel about your situation because part of me knows that we had our time and it didn't work, and to prolong it might prevent me from finding happiness and miss out on even more opportunities. But another part of me really misses my best friend for the past 5 years. She was my person. She was always there and I could depend on her. But I have to be realistic and realize, were we to get back together, it would quickly go back to the same situation. So take that for what it's worth - I hope it helps :/

• This helps more than you could possibly imagine. That's what the issue is now. He was and is my best friend for the past 5 years when no one else was there he was. But if I keep going back to something where I know the out come how can i grow? it's gonna be challenging but I think I know what to do.

• stay if you love Ur new boyfriend

• It's not that the new guy is my boyfriend or anything we just like spending time together.

• wow... just spend some time with your Ex too have some fun

What Girls Said 1

• It's hard, I know. But getting back together is rarely a good idea... You have a new flat! Isn't that the best chance to start a new, exciting life? ;)

• Yesss! and that his been my main reason for not going back I feel like this could be a great new experience for me. I'm just scared and excited at the same time

• Thank you so much for all the positiveness that you've just given me! It's so much easier said that done sometimes but I know my worth and I can't keep settling. Your absolutley right and I do need to focus on either friends with benefits or just myself for a while

• I'm glad if I can help at least a little ;) Focus on yourself! The friends with benefits is just some fun on the side - like the casual ice cream or chocolate you give yourself as a treat :P Something serious will come along sooner or later. The friends with benefits is there if you need to let off some steam so you can focus on other things again, like studying and/or career or whatever you want to concentrate on ;) Do whatever you like! Enjoy your new flat and the new life that comes with it and will happen in there :)