I feel dumb lmao?

okay so long story short, about a week ago i ended things with a guy who cared a lot in the beginning but didn't give a shit about me towards the end. and he didn't seem to care that i let him go. but now i'm here dying to text him and talk to him knowing damn well he's a piece of shit. i just feel stupid for wanting someone who doesn't care about me so bad. what are some things you guys did to get over people and get over this initial stage?

1110

Most Helpful Guy

• Not long have I been in this situation. I've had a crush on a girl for a long time and she didn't give me attention (don't ask about me, sends short texts, etc) I kept trying and trying with her to a point where I became desperate. Like even if I had a slight chance with her I probably ruined it by trying to contact her because she didn't deserve my attention and I didn't get her obvious signs. Anyway, fast forward, I realized that I should stop this and SERIOUSLY move on. I act like she doesn't exist. I try to talk to other girls and have fun with my life, I learned my lesson with her because that's important.

Most Helpful Girl

• i found all his flaws and kept going over and over it with my friends till iy sunk in. i developed a complete understanding of what exactly it was, i kept going through it till i knew it myself. now i want him to see how much better off i am without him, i dont miss him, but i still check to see if he messaged me because i want him to miss me out of pettiness. he is a dick though, i realize the best thing that happened to me was him breaking up with me i wished now i ha ended it months before instead of enduring

• its normal to miss someone you got attached to, i still wanted that place if a person next to me and so its like going from everything to nothing, like losing a limb you still go to use it but its gone and you have to get used to it

What Guys Said 9

• Never go back to someone like that. If you go back he'll control you and who knows where that will lead to, but it won't be nice.

• its not stupid... its normal. People have tendency to get attracted to someone who ignores them. more he ignores you more desperate you will get to talk.
    be practical... deep down you don't want to talk to him, you are just curious why he doesn't gives shit about you

• finding someone new to talk to, either it's reconnecting with an d friend, or strengthening current friendships always help me get over someone

• I'm in the same position. cheated on by me ex 4 times with the same guy every time. she's ten minutes walking away from my house. he's 4000 miles. It's a shame but the best thing for you to do is to move on. And I understand. you HATE hearing it. I did too. But it honestly is for the best.

• thats is called the honey moon stage, all sweet til the end. just listen to music to condition yourself that hr never actually loved you

• ingage with someone else u care for u more. u will get over it

• umm find new pipeline
    find new friends
    develop a hobby
    keep yourself occupied

on the other hand
    I do suggest that a text to him would not make much of a difference
    you can still be friends you know
    it's quite natural that you miss him and the moments spent with him
    you'd have been inhumane if you didn't
    but yeah a casual hey how are you wassup kind of text
    like you'd normally do to a friend won't make much of a difference

• i don't think it's that easy to be just friends with someone you're in love with like that lol. especially knowing they don't give a fuck about you.

• yes I agree
      I don't know much about the relationship so I can't really say
      but if you really feels he don't give a damn

life will fuck him over
      you go and live your life girl and he will regret leaving someone as awesome as you

cheers x

• get some series for you

• np. I sometimes feel hella stupid too

What Girls Said 10

• Just know that they aren't benefiting your life in any way and even though you want them its because you feel unwanted, we as humans HATE rejection and to feel unwanted.

• The exact same thing happened to me, he just stopped being as interested as he was. I did message him though and he just ignored and then I realized there's no point the conversation won't be the same as it was and you have to just forget them. Once you go a week without messaging it just becomes easier and you'll forget about them

• I know that feeling :(
    Your hart is just broken I think, and that's such a bad feeling. It takes time to heal.
    But whatever you do, don't go back to him. He didn't care about you anymore, while you deserve someone who does.
    And remember: you did the right thing, if you didn't end this, you'd still be in a relationship with someone who doesn't care about you (or makes you feel like he doesn't care about you). That's not fun either.

It takes time, but it can also help to do some fun things with your friends.
    Goodluck :)

• fine some nice series to watch

series become my boyfriend

I also a jog a lot more so that i sleep early

make my self busy in someway by taking some responsibility

trust me, guys like him should be ignored

• omg that's actually really good advise, since you also feel better after sport and it's healthy too

• yeah :)

if you have sweet fetish, ice cream is good too..

basically pamper n love yourself

with nice good, nice exercise n nice friends and nice movie n series.

n don't call the guy, please

infact if he texts you, text him back 5 days later

• This sounds like my situation 100% .. hello there nice to meet you we're in the same situation. Sweet heart , don't strain yourself over someone who doesn't care when you walk out the door because it all sums up that they never cared. Don't feel stupid for wanting to put the effort into someone who doesn't care about you as much as you care for them. If someone can't meet you half way you know what happens? You end up getting yourself in a sticky situation which you'll be emotional tied to in the end. It's not healthy and even if he replies.. forgive him but let him go because he's not worth it at all. Fight against temptation. You get over it by not letting them back in whenever they come back. I don't know what you do to get over someone that's not right for you? But I pray because what's not right will always make a left.

• this helped me so much, i appreciate you. i pray that you take your own advice as well girl, you're better than a boy who doesn't give you 100%

• Fighting against temptation oh yes. I believe you will look pass a boy who isn't a man and still needs working on himself as well. Definitely need to take my advice and I hope you work on healing and never look back. Good luck hun

• Dont give in..

You are gonna get through this..

• you are not alone in this, i have been through this as well. its hard to let go someone u really wanna be with... what i would suggest is that you meet other guys and hang with your family or frens just keep urself busy and give yourself time to heal from this

• delete everything so even if you want to text him you can't

• delete his number, block him on social media ( if you dont have a way to contact him you wont) Find a new hobby or something (If you are doing new things then you are less likely to think about him) that's how I did it.

• do things you enjoy to keep yourself distracted. find new hobbies and surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself