When did you know it was time to break up?

I'm with my first boyfriend, and we have been together for almost 3 years and we live together. We're moving away from eachother because of school, and I'm not sure if a long distance relationship will be worth it. I have never tried breaking up, and I don't know what other people's relationsships are like, so I don't know if I might be right to break up, or if I'm just taking everything for granted... I'm in such a dilemma!

When did you know it was time to break up if you have ever broken up with anyone?

I also guess I could just see how it goes and then let it die out, but I don't know if it would be mean to do that and not just break up like officially...
Also he's moving 1,5 hours away

23

Most Helpful Guy

• try it.. if it doesn't work.. call it off.. don't simply break up without trying

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel that if you have been together for that long and love each other, you both will make a long distance relationship work. You have to take steps in life to have a better future for yourselves and if that means you won't be close to each other then that's what it is. If you want to call it quits and work on your lives first then love will bring you two together in the future if its meant to be.

• That's a good answer. I guess maybe I do want to call it quits and work on my own life first -also since I'm only 21 and he's my first boyfriend...

• Can we follow each other?

What Guys Said 2

• Abuse is when you know to stop and end things

• long distance is not worth it. i've broken up with someone before a big move. just sit down and talk candid.

What Girls Said 1

• Prolly when his friends start being mean and tell you to go away