Want to break up, but he is so hot?

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years, and we are 21 and 22. I kind of want to break up with him, because he is very selfish and sometimes makes rude comments about my family and stuff...
It's only that he is so attractive. He's definitely a 10/10 for me and he is very popular with girls in general, and even though I'm quite attractive myself, I'm afraid I won't ever find anyone else this attractive.

I don't want to sound shallow, but looks do play a big role for me.
Should I take the risk?

And with this I mean - I'm afraid I wonder er ever find anyone else this attractive AND AN EVEN NICER GUY

528

Most Helpful Guy

• I wonder how many of these assholes saying you're shallow care about looks themselves, hmmmmm.

But for an answer, I still think you should break up because you've been together a long time, and you're not even old. If you're quite attractive yourself then I'm sure you can find someone else good eventually. Maybe they won't be 10/10 but I think being with someone who's slightly more average looking but has a lot better personality is worth it, as long as you're still attracted to them.

• Very good answer

• And like, at least you've been with this hot guy for 2 years, so you've had the experience.

What Guys Said 27

• I'm not sure if you guys are having sex or not but if you think he is hot be straight up with him. Tell him the relationship part is over but you think he is sexy and want to hook up. Sex is great and if you find someone who can give you great sex you should unapologetically enjoy it.
    Also you are not shallow for wanting to be with a hot guy. I feel our society as to understand that women have sex, women have desires and their is NOTHING wrong with it. If you want him you should tell him, and if you chose to dump him that your choice as well.

• Dump him. Lots of fish in the sea.
    My guess is you'll never be satisfied with anyone. Just not your nature.

• "I don't want to sound shallow, but looks do play a big role for me. "

So, you don't want to SOUND shallow, but you don't mind actually BEING shallow, right?

ATTENTION ALL WHO PASS BY:
    Being "quite attractive" isn't all it's cracked up to be. You might still end up with a selfish boyfriend and lack self worth to such a degree that you'll even try to justify it.

• I guess I am quite shallow, but I guess I'm also just being honest.. Most people are probably hella shallow if they are completely honest with their preferences

• Their is nothing shallow about her having sexual desires. Women like having sex with sexy guys and they should not be judged when they have sex!!! Sex is amazing and if she enjoys her sex life we should be happy for her not judgmental.

• @gmen9292
      So, a guy who isn't selfish, but is ONLY a 7, 8 or 9/10 is no good?
      If she's enjoying it so much, why is she talking about breaking up?

She's in a crummy relationship with a "very selfish" guy (her words, not mine) and we're supposed to be "happy for her"?

Sorry, but the girl needs to use a little sense here and guys like you probably aren't going to help. Instead, you'll encourage her further into mediocre misery. But hey the "sex is amazing", so that's all that counts, right? Excuse me while I vomit...

• Lol. Hey, do whatever is right. If it was me idc if she's 10/10 or 100/10, if she talks shit about my family, she's out the door

• Only you can answer that. If you're staying with him purely on looks and not because he loves you and vice versa, then you're a pretty shallow person.

• umm you could find another hot guy were all over the place but we have emotional issues and are crazy so you could cut your losses date a ugly guy and get the personality thing either way you can't win hot= assholes ugly= nice average is I don't know lol

• Yeah I think that's my issue. I guess I'm afraid that maybe I just have really high standards for both looks and personality. I mean my boyfriend is overall a great boyfriend, but he's maybe 10/10 looks and 7/10 personality, so maybe I'm just being a perfectionist for wanting someone who is 10/10 and 10/10. But I still somehow feel like I deserve better than his personality...

• Im a lot like that what I've learned is it doesn't exist

• Yeah I guess,
      that's why I'm probably gonna stay with him

• Where is he on this scale?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuI6GTY9eVc

• lol your question sounds quite shallow , but hey i want an attractive girl too so i can't complain, finding a decent hot person is rare these days , i know i can't find a single, hot , loyal and decent girl and i imagine finding such a guy is not easy as well so iam not sure if he's a bitch just drop him.

• was watching this video and you proved the point. thank you for your post

https://youtu.be/JXrIWgRvZgU

• That guy's dumbs as fuck hahha! He's alright looking but his haircut was bad and so was his attitude, I would prefer his friend tbh lol, he was way hotter. Also one of my girl friends is on the Danish version of the show so I watch it a lot hahha

• so but still because of his looks , the girls forgave him for his dumb words every single time till that jordi marsh thing came up. even after that , some girls forgave him for the dumbness afterwards.

anyways , as far as your question is concerned , try to keep the "hot guy" with you even if he does sound rude (no sarcasm intended).

• Yes you should because you don't even like him. You just like having him to yourself, and the status you feel he gives you. you're using him...

• Good point.. I even recall him jokingly saying that he is like "my gucci bag"

• Perfect guy, only downside is rudeness? ..

And you're thinking about letting all that go.

Flip a coin ! ..

• Take this risk. Trust me on this one. A 7/10 person with good, strong character is 1000 times sexier when you fall in love with them than a 10/10 piece of trash.

• That is shallow. if you think looks are important enough to remain in a miserable relationship, you kinda get what you deserve.

• What's more important to you? A pretty jerk, or a average decent guy?

• No, stay with him at all costs because you'll never find another guy nearly as good-looking as him.

• yes... You are in fact shallow if your value is in superficial things such as looks. If your value lies at the surface then that is what you'll get... shallow value. Hmu if you like

• stop using him for his looks and be honest

• Just change ur relationship with him... like friends with benefits i can guarantee his love will increase for u after that

• Yeah I'd love that, but for him, the idea of me being with other guys would crush him, so I think it's either I break up completely or we stay together

• It sounds like the boy could stand to benefit from being crushed a bit, tbh.

• ah... then nothing could be done... you have to fuck each other's life

• If he makes you happy then stop moaning, if your unhappy then ditch it.

• i never found happiness in someone looks

• leave that asshole.

• fuck him one last time and make him do all the things you want then dump him

• if you want your family to be continuously disrespected

• Leave him

• Dont be with him just becouse he is atractive...

• go ahead if he is very much selfish

• Looks are fading. Find someone who actually appreciates you and doesn't put you down

What Girls Said 5

• Ask yourself this.. if he gained a wholeee load of weight, lost all of his hair or was in some sort of accident and messed up his face.. would you stay with him?

• If looks>how he treats you, then you've answered your own question

• Hot guys and girls are usually nicer than ugly guys/girls.

You'll find an attractive and kind guy.

• And you are willing to put up with all of that because he is HOT?

• listen your mind not ur heart