Can you share your kids evenly after a divorce?

1011

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't share a kid evenly with the best of intentions.
    Simply because of time and school. But also you can't get a kid with the same emotions and attention each time you meet them.
    But I will try my best to always share my kids with my husband or anyone I have kids.

Most Helpful Guy

• Normally the woman gets all the kids and the man gets all the bills.
    If She doesn't share the kids she might get a slap on the wrist, while a man will lose drivers license, any license his work might rely on, and finally jail.

What Girls Said 9

• Realistically 50/50 is near impossible. My mum is a social worker and the majority of her single parent families have week/weekend custody, simply because with school it's too hard unless the parents live very close together, have everything at both houses and are willing to go back and forward a lot.
    Shared custody though, like weekends and school holidays definitely. Who would be the primary caregiver (weeks) though would be determined by our work schedules so in my case my husband would have them then and I'd get weekends
    Fingers crossed that wouldn't ever be necessary though 😊

• Yes a couple can have joint custody. It's only right that the father gets as much time with his kids as the mother does. Sadly that's rarely the case

That's why after a divorce a couple needs to put the past and hurt to one side and be amicable with each other , so the kids aren't affected too much by the split

• can you? yes.
    but do most people do this? no.

too often, either one or both parents will use the kids as pawns against his or her ex. my mom had full custody and i lived with her... i spent weekends at my bio dad's, though he spent those times trying to either buy my affection with expensive things or talking shit about my mom in an attempt to turn my sister and i against her.

(the irony: he was the one who cheated on her, sent all 3 of us to Europe with one-way tickets and walked out the day we got back.)

• Yes, it's possible. Majority of people do this in my country for the well being of the child.
    All the divorced child I know are shared evenly, like one week with their father and one week with their mother.

Though I don't know which country you're from so I can't say for you but talking about my country, France. It's the most common ways to do.

• 100% evenly would be difficult as one parent almost always has primary custody.

• Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often

• If you're talking about courts deciding this then it may be more difficult especially if there are any additional circumstances involved and if both parents have the resources to do so. However, if you are talking about parents having a civil conversation and coming to an agreement outside of court (involving the children's concerns also), then absolutely.

• yes it's called co parenting

• Yes you can

What Guys Said 10

• You can but good luck. The only way it usually splits 50/50 (in California anyway) is if the mom doesn't fight it. Standard court award under age of 5 is 65/35 to the mom. From 5-12 it is open, and from 12-18 the child can decide. But there are so many factors where the court sides with the mom she most likely has more time. Once that order is in place it is very hard to change, and most moms don't let it change because more time means more cash to them. If the mom wants the child to have a good relationship with the dad, or if she wants to have her free time too she can agree to 50/50. Too often moms use it for extra cash and to hurt the dad. I'd love to say it was for the kids, but all too often it's leverage to be spiteful. While many women may blast me for this, my exwife is a divorce lawyer and I saw her handle hindereds of cases before we split. This is all common knowledge in the family court system...

• Just in case you don't know kids are living people, humans. Not some collectibles. How do you even share them. Just love them and be for them. It's not a competition. When I was growing up my parents were separated. I never felt being "shared evenly" they were both there when I needed them and that's the best. You could try the same.
    But don't take my word for it, am not even married.

• Yes, my cousin's parents were divorced and he was at the other parents house each week. It also helped out that his divorced parents lived literally a mile away from each other.

• Depends upon the equation of the Ex-couple, if theyre on good terms then its possible ig

• in theory!

• in reality... the logistics, of a pure 50/50...

• That depends on the court.

• Not if you have an odd number.

• Yes if you can get along with 1 another for sake of kids

• yes you can but it's up to both of you

• I cut mine in half. I have the right side, she has the left.