How to get over him/her?

I believe most of you guys here have gone through serious relationships and experience ups and downs with your current ones. The thing is I wanna forget someone who have been giving heartaches for the past few weeks. Can you give some tips on forgetting the love of you life who turned out to be a monster?

220

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been down this road before. Here is what has been proven to help me. Get out of the house on the weekends, take walks, get some fresh air. But do not just sit around because you will think about him and dwell on it, Use the time after awards to heal, learn from the experience and you try again down the line if thats something that you want to do. But if not, then you just work on ways to build yourself up. A breakup can damage your esteem, you feel at an all time low. You spirit is crush. But not for long. Read motivation videos EVERYDAY. There are videos on Youtube that I watch to motivate me everyday. Fill your mind with things that will uplift you and build you up as a person. Also, help someone else that is going through the same thing. Its good to have someone who you can talk to and confide in that will not judge you about your past. Hope this helps you and stay at peace.

What Guys Said 19

• From experience of going through it myself and watching other people go through it, time is the only real thing that will guarantee improvement.

My best advice is don't avoid thinking about it. You will need to process everything for months. That said don't dwell on it either. Don't let negative energy collect around your thoughts.

• don't expect it to be easy. it won't be, but don't expect that you aren't strong enough either. so many people are dealing with this too. how long has it been since you separated?

• Just 2 weeks ago. Thanks. 😊 knowing that people care even I don't know them delights me a lot.

• They say the best revenge is to be successful! As far as forgetting. You don't forget about a broken heart. I believe we "learn" But it does get better in time. Self care Do things that make you happy. Do things differently, dont do the same things you did with your ex.

• I always believe in the saying "the best revenge is success". I hope I can do it. Thanks.

• I am really happy. I have been dating someone else for over a year and have a really good life. I just try to pass on experiences to others because they may not be doing it for the right reason or get the result they are looking for. Breakups are a hard thing but there is a light at the end of the tunnel for everyone.

• Glad to hear you found that light and happiness! You have great motivation

• Time is the best healer. During times like these focus on something else that you have neglected, its tough to get through but u will manage with time it becomes easier.

• #1change your number #2 delete all her contact information including email and facebook#3strip club

• definitely consider suggestions #1 & 2. cannot be for suggestion # 3.

• To each his own, I'll chose to drink a beer around naked women over drinking with my boys any day..

• Well anytime I feel crushed or super upset I workout. Or try to find a time consuming hobby that doesn't require the Internet.

• Hop on the Cock Carousel for a few months.

• Pursuing a hobbie is a great way.
    Don't stay inside your house, your mind will keep on remembering memories.
    Get out, explore, learn and most importantly love yourself.

• I pushed my limits, went rock climbing, sky diving, alpinism, trekking... Love it! Felt freed from every strings I had that bound me to this impossible love I had. You are sad and feel alone but that's just your brain that tries to tell your heart that it's over and you need to move on. So move. Get out, meet some people, don't get into another relationship to fill the void. Just look for inner peace. You will be ready when you won't keep looking to fill this void. When you are just happy as you are then you can start something else

• Woah! Thats Cool Man.!
      I'll do all of that till I reach your age.

• Good spirit!! You can do whatever you like, just find your way to feel free in your mind!

• Time is on my side, yes it is. That's the only medicine for a broken heart. Time and patience

• Being happy before trying to get others to make you happy:D If I told myself a year ago I would be a peppy happy guy I wouldn't believe myself! But the best way to get over someone is to know that no person is bad. People are just people no more no less.

• Hangout with friends.

• 1. cut off any communications,
    2. Start a new hobby - a game or workout. something that's engaging and rewarding.
    3. Travel
    4. Re connect with your friends and Family

• Start doing what makes you happy on your own

• have a wine.

• one night stand, or just dome good ol making out with someone cute at bar/party/etc...

• Listen to music and just stop feeling the emotions of it

• I could use some tips as well. It seems impossible to move on.

• Time and Friends.

What Girls Said 1

• Yoga and self help relationship books.