How do you feel when someone is cool after you break up with them?

Opposed to crying and begging and trying to convince you that you can make it work they turn around and just delete you from their life.
Would it make you worry they didn't ever care about the relationship?

914

Most Helpful Guy

• I did that at one point. it wasn't actually her breaking up with me. It is complicated to explain and honestly I still do not completely understand what happened. Traumatizing to say the least.

But I simply "died" for her. No contact whatsoever, removed everyone that was a link with her from my life (quite easy since we studied together, so I had to stop talking to the colleagues and voila).
    I assume it hurt her like hell.
    But I did not do it to hurt her.
    I did it because that's what she asked for through her actions. On the other hand I believe she was expecting me to be the one chasing (again). Did not happen as I shut her down one day. Pressed the red button.
    Plus because of the whole situation, I started to act reckless for a while and curse each day I was waking up. So the fact that I removed everything related to her from my life, was a relief. It was like an addiction on the short run, but the road to recovery on the long run.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course ! I sent a message about that to the person who just so called "gave up". The words that were said is like ashes that were blown in the wind because it's non-existent along with the person who said it. I question everything from start to finish. I don't expect a reaction of them begging because everyone handles a breakup differently but if I do receive the "I don't care" attitude then I'll question the whole entire relationship. I'm very blunt and don't hold back on my words so I express my thoughts and block the person afterwards.

What Guys Said 13

• I would know that they didn't care enough to want the relationship to continue. It would make me feel better about breaking up with them. I do know that there are people who hurt deeply, but won't let it show. Regardless of how they act, I show them respect and don't change what I feel about doing it.

• I feel great. no guilt. phew

• I'd be happy. No nonsense drama, or explanation as to why we should stay together. If I break up, I want out. That's it.

• I think by the time you are going to break up with someone you should be at the point where you don't care about the relationship anymore... otherwise you wouldn't break up, right?

• Its the best way to be even if you dont actually feel like that.

• No, it can just mean maturity and acceptance that things didn't work out. Crying and begging is foolish - if they wanted to be with you, they wouldn't have broken up with you. Do you really want someone you have to plead with to make them stay?

• No I don't, and always walk away from someone who breaks up with me whether it been a long or short term relationship. I just wonder if that makes me look heartless-Either way it doesn't really matter what they think but for personal clarity :-)

• Honestly, if they're the type to react like that, there's never little that'll be 'correct' that you can do, they will hate you/call you heartless and cruel no matter what.

• I've done that before. And I promise it wasn't because I didn't care about the relationship. More often than not I'd say it happens because the person wants to make you feel like they don't care, in that if you dumped them, it shows that you don't care about them as much as they thought and are trying to be like "well I don't care about you either". That or they're numb, which is possibly more likely.

• yup mines just done this to me after 3 years made no contact one day after agreeing to go slow after i forgave her for cheating, and then cause i say im not happy you didn't text at all for 24 hours she kicked off told me to f off and has not messaged or replied to anything in 10 days? what is that all about

• She cheated fuck her

• yes indeed and sorry your qest i worry that i wasn't cared for but i was until she cheated i think of course i wasn't aware until 6 months later and I've suffered as the outcome, but yeah they can't care otherwise they wouldn't break up with us i mean look at us looking for replys and comfort from people we dont know, that says it all hey im here if you want to chat pm me

• It's never happened to me, but it will be a disaster..

• what would you do if you were in his shoes. maybe he is hurt but didn't want you to know

• well i use to get upset, now im just like whatever.

• I'd regret. Finally I found someone who is mature and confident and I broke up?

• 0|0
    • I agree, but that wasn't my question

• The content is still related to the question, however.

• It is relevant but not something i need to observe

What Girls Said 8

• As sucky as it is, if someone broke up with you, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't really be bothered or concerned with how you feel/felt considering they just dumped you and don't want you romantically anymore.

But it's still a good idea regardless to be composed for sure.

• I get sad for like an hour, unless I wanted to leave as well. Honestly as long as they put my feelings into consideration I don't care how they deal with the situations. In a way, I prefer if they are unfeeling than start crying because crying people make me sad.

• I dont study them, I spend a lot of time trya get rid of my feelings and heal my heart.

• Like what the fuck. If you didn't care, why didn't YOU end it sooner? That'd be my thought

• YES!! I went out with my ex a week after we broke up to just keep the structure of our friendship and mid story, he pulls out his phone and starts swiping on tinder, and I just tried my best not to cry (I failed and had to just walk away for 5 mins. I have so many more things to say about what he did within a month of our breakup, but that was the first

• I would feel much better knowing that moving on wouldn't be as hard for me.

• happy for them miss em but i know where the limits of these relationships are i guess

• I have to be honest I'm like that. if someone decides to break up with me I'd stay cool in front of them as if I didn't bother me at all and I'm ready for a friendship.

• Me too, but I just wonder if it makes you look heartless and didn't ever really care even if I know I did I rather just walk away with my head held high (I may cry alone at night but would never show it)