My ex started dating a girl I was not supposed to worry about and wants to stay friends with me?

I was dating an Asian guy for 6 months (I'm European.. a bit taller and older than him).. and after 6 months of dating there started to be this rumour about him dating a Vietnamese girl, so I started asking him about her. He never cheated on me but they did text each other. I kept asking questions and he broke up with me saying that "he doesn't like me anymore". One week after the breakup he started to ask me out and begged for a second chance (bc he was apparently just very triggered during the fight and he still loved me). After some thinking we started dating again. But then I discovered that he's still texting with the Vietnamese girl, and they even went out. I was quite fine with that.. I trusted him. But then he started talking about her and about how perfect she is for him... which resulted in a second breakup. He said he didn't wanna be in a relationhip with anyone but I meant too much for him and he didn't wanna lose me (he was crying the whole time). So we decided to try to stay friends. He asked me what I would do if he started dating the Vietnamese girl (right after the breakup) and I told him that he would break my heart. Two weeks later after the breakup he told me he started dating the Vietnamese girl and that they went to visit another country together (he had only known her for a month!!!). That broke my heart into pieces... He started dating another person so quickly, and it was even worse since he started dating HER.
But it's too hard to lose him, so I decided to just try to be friends with him. He always complained about me being too nosey so I'm trying not to ask him any questions. But sometimes he's still very mean, saying that I'm irritating or annoying (even though I don't even text him or anything.. I'm trying to make it casual). Do you have any opinions? Why is he trying to constantly hurt me? I really don't wanna lose him but what he's doing hurts too much.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• "Dont worry about him/her, theyre just a friend"
    "I remember when I was just a friend and wanted to fuck the shit out of you"

Move on, lifes got better things for you than this dude.

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like an asshole who's trying to keep you on the line in case it doesn't work out with his current girlfriend. Don't put up with that shit.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• You've already lost him. Move on.

• Don't worry about neither one of them