How long would you stay in a sexless marriage?

In this scenario, your spouse is perfectly jealthy but is no longer interested in physical intimacy

Most Helpful Girl

• That is not going to last long. Marriage thrives on sex, and I suggest that whoever is being sexually neglected needs to raise hell about it. This is how marriage leads to adultery and divorce. Sex needs to be intentional. Unless that person is sick and got sick after marriage, there is no reason whatsoever unless by mutual agreement why this is a sexless marriage, unless that person no longer wants to have sex with you and dislikes sex with you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably had sex under 10 times in the last 3 years. Before that was maybe 10/a year for a while.

So apparently, years.

What Girls Said 6

• Forever, as long as he was open to me getting some on the side. I think he knows me well enough to understand that I wouldn't truly be happy if I had to give up sex completely. And in true love, you want the other person's happiness. If I lost interest in sex, I would give him permission to do the same.

• I wouldn't.

• I don't know, there r sex toys + your feelings r involved right?

• Marriages is not about sex. So forever!!

• with me or in general?

• isn't watching porn either?

• Even if it didn't work out I'd still do what I could to keep him as a main player in my life... just his role would have to change. If he just doesn't have a libedo anymore I'd be completely okay with that though.

• If just his libedo went I'd be good but his emotional intimacy game would need to step it up a little bit :D

• I can stay forever

What Guys Said 14

• I would stay in it but tell her i'm going to have sex with other women, and if she isn't fine with that then thats unfair on both of us and then we should divorce.
    But this is just hypothetical right? A spouse (husband or wife) uninterested in sex is a symptom of deeper problems within the relationship, unless there is a physical or mental impairment.

• Dead bedroom. Damn that's hard. I'm sorry your going through it. It's important to realize that a sexless marriage is not a failed marriage, necessarily. It means there are some deeper problems that likely require addressing first. How much stress is your significant other under, what's her history (before you got together) with receiving and expressing intimacy and trust, is the relationship both suitable for you BOTH, it may not be. After a thorough dive into those and other questions, possibly with a therapist, and if the issue of sexlessness persists, you will need to decide if not having that need met is worth the likely emotional toll: rejection, shame, and worthlessness. Again, I'm very sorry you are going through this, it's not easy.

• I wouldn't.

• Days, months, years... time frame?

• Give or take about a week. If she lost her interest in physical intimacy so abruptly, something is definitely wrong.

• My marriage has been sexless since 2015, and I have a high sex drive, but I have no plans for divorce or separation because I just don't think it would be right

• Why? Does your partner not care to have sex anymore?

• @Regular1 Yes, from my right and left hands

• Ugh. Sorry, dude.

• Id assume she's not attracted to me, and ask for a divorce. Im big on feelings and emotions through body language. I wouldn't give an ultimatum id just be done.

• most people won't, unless you have an affair and that marriage gives you something else like a political/social standard.

• 6 months.

• It wouldn't happen. Religious or not - God wants us to have sex!!

• Not very long

• About 15 minutes.

• I would say a month top. If not then, then not into each other.

• probably a month or so.

• 12 hours

• 2-4 months