What's the best way to get over your first love? Will I ever get over him?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• You won't ever completely forget your first love.
    My first girlfriend and I had been together for a little over a year when we split. (It's nothing compared to some people's first loves, but at the very least I can say she was the first woman I ever LOVED loved.)
    we went for about two years of awkward silences (she hated me) but then we just kinda grew up. We see each other every now and then and we are pretty much just friends. She has a fiancé, I've had two other girlfriends since, but even then sometimes I can't help but think about her.

Basically, you'll never go back to having no feelings for them. Even if you're 95% over them, you will never have that final 5%.

Best you can do is try your best to leave it. Don't ignore him, but don't go out of your way to interact. If you feel yourself slipping, it's down to you to distract yourself.
    You can't force yourself to get over him, all you can do is wait for your heart to accept the loss.

Most Helpful Girl

• It`s hard. I`m still not over mine (eight months ago), and I loved him for four years. I`m not so sure if you`ll ever get over your first love completely, but you`ll get pretty close. You just have to focus on yourself and try your best to distract yourself from that person.

You can`t always help not thinking about your first love, so turn the tables a bit. Whenever you think about them, think about all the things that irritated you or made you sad in the relationship. It had to be something, right? Maybe even a flaw of his that can`t be unseen? Then you`ll focus more on what was good about the breakup. Eventually, you`ll develop some sense in it, even though it all seems so hopeless. Just don`t feel pressured to forget that person too fast, or you never will.

What Guys Said 5

• work out and eat healthy,
    you will start to think more about yourself and your own happiness, at least that's what i experienced.

• It'll take time. Eventually you will.

• I'm still not over mine, going on 18 years, I doubt I ever will.

• I'm blown away, wow

• wow! i don't know how does that feel but anyways,
      living single doesn't mean living sad, i would suggest saving money and travelling as much as possible and going on new adventures, trying new things.. your happiness is not in anyones hand but yours, you're the one who's gonna pick yourself up and make yourself truly happy if you want, and GL 😃

• Right in the feels man. Going on 7 years now.

• Alcohol, chocolate and focusing on your goals.

• You will have relationships but you will never get over the first love. That's the harsh truth.

• Even though he treated me badly? I don't have any desire to message him or anything, so thats not an issue.

• That sucks to hear. I was obviously speaking in general. All I can say is, good luck. Yes, better stay away from that kind of a person. They usually need a lot of time and hurt people before they ever get decent. If they ever do.

• Yeah you're right. He even called me fat, and his girlfriend now is actually twice the size of me.. i am a bigger girl, so it did hurt, but for revenge im going to get a kick ass figure, as well as doing it for myself as my confidence is non existent. But he doesn't even deserve me. And i remember him saying he'll never find someone as caring and loving as me.. and tbh, i agreed with him!😏 I hope he gets decent for his own sake.. as he's going around hurting girls, he's getting so many enemies in the process, as my family and friends practically hate now.

What Girls Said 4

• Knowing that he wasn't right.

• You will love. It will take time and getting use to being alone but you will definitely get over the relationship.

• Find somebody else

• Time, keep yourself moving, don't dwell