I don't want to let go.

this is long and complicated so I'm going to make it short and sweet.

basically, I'm in love with a man, aka, one of my really good friends and we were friends for awhile until one day he ended up asking me on a date...we went out, had the time of our lives and made plans for the next night..he ended up getting sick..so I made him a basket of get well stuff such as sprite, soup, etc. we texted the rest of the weekend then Tuesday came around and he asked me if I wanted to hangout, I said yes but I had to work so it would have to be kind of late...the next day I find out he went on another date without telling me. and didn't speak to me...i texted him and told him I was upset...he apologized,etc..not to long after that he had a party..i got drunk for the first time, told him I loved him while he was taking care of me.he told me he cared about me to much. we started hanging out again then I don't remember what happened..i think he got into a relationship..so we stopped talking. again. she ended up dumping him..left him broken hearted..he started talking to me again. then we got into a bit of a fight..didn't talk for a month or so..i started having feelings for another guy, mainly because my friends were pushing me towards him..and the other guy I hadn't seen in a long time..so it was easier to go for the new guy. the old guy came back into my life about a month later..texted me asked me how I was doing..that same night I told him I had feelings for someone else he invited me to his place...i went. we talked. slept on the couch together. made out..my feelings came back right away. I realized I never really liked the other guy...so we started hanging out again...then somehow we started talking about relationships and love..he told me he doesn't think he believes in love anymore...makes no sense to me..i asked him for a chance more than enough times..he ended up getting mad at me..and told me that he didn't think I was capable of maintaining a relationship without thinking it was something more. I got angry and asked him how it was my fault..he's the one that's kissed me, texted me, taken care of me, all of this stuff and he's getting mad at me.. after I said that he told me he'd "drop me" if I didn't stop texting him about that...not gonna lie that was really upsetting to hear. I can't let him go. I love him to much. does anyone know what's going on through his mind?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah he's a player, he doesn't think much of you if he dates other girls instead of you its like you are second or third choice and only because he broke up with them...

• The only reason he won't date me is because he doesn't want to hurt me.

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't want the responsibility of a relationship.

He isn't treating you the way you want treated and although you have openly gotten angry about it, he doesn't cease. I'm sorry, and trust me, I know it hurts to let go, but if you don't, you're only prolonging your suffering. D:

• So you don't think there is any chance that he will come around in the future? he's my first love. and I know he's scared..he's been really hurt in the past...

• I think that the hardest part for me is the fact that I told him I would have sex with him...he called me insane...or the idea more-so. ..only because I know he cares about me. does he want his hands on me? yes, I know he does. but he's told me many times that he doesn't want to hurt me...i think that it's partially that and I also believe that he doesn't want to get hurt himself. he doesn't know this, but I never told him that the feelings for the other guy weren't true feelings...so maybe he

• Is scared he's going to get hurt...he was in a 3 year relationship and got cheated on...or maybe I'm just over-analyzing the situation. It just doesn't make sense for him to just stop talking to me. I've never seen him so sad before...but when I'm with him...he seems so happy...and I don't know...*sigh* I'm tired of thinking about the situation...i was kind of hoping for a guys perspective. one of my guy friends told me that it sounds to him like this guy loves me, he just is scared to admit it.