How do I become friends with my ex?

I was friends with my ex before we got into a relationship. I broke up with him because he was still hung up on another girl. I don't want to be in a relationship with him, but we had such a great friendship. The relationship also ended nicely. How do I approach him to see if we can be friends? It'll be four weeks this weekend since the breakup. Is that too soon?

09

Most Helpful Guy

• I never recommend anyone stay friends with their exes. Exes are exes for a reason. Its never good. most likely the guy wants to just for one last bang. It also isn't healthy for your future relationships. Seems you wouldn't be all in them as well as a single guy in the dating world it's not an attractive quality.
    I know a little bit of what happened. Take a step back. How could you stay friends with how he treated you?

What Guys Said 8

• Forget it. You'll never be friends again. This is so stupid and naïve to think you can.

• I would say Don't. The chances of either one of you getting hurt is very big. My mom and steph dad are seeing each other a lot, but they're constantly fighting because they just don't give each other space. It may be something he wants! If you still consider approaching him I suggest you take it slowly, make sure the both of you have enough space and don't try getting back in a relation!! Good luck 😄

• You and send him a message to keep the friendship alive. Let him decide if he wants to remain friends with you.

• Too much drama in making friends with him. I would keep it cordial for example facebook, ig, sc.. etc... but no meet ups or calls and text. Move on because it's highly emotions either way will come back.

• Difficult question, to be friends with him, you have to make sure he has no more Boyfriend/Girlfriend feelings and that you both had time to move on properly, once you got these things straight then you can try !

• beachflamingo, I don't think this is possible.

• Never a good thing to stay friends with an ex..

What Girls Said 0