Long distance ex boyfriend has new long distance girlfriend, he dumped me 3 months back, can I get him back?

My ex boyfriend who I dated long distance for 1.5yr dumped me after I "changed" going to college. My values stayed the same (no parties, no drinking, etc) but I changed in that I had less free time. The time I did have I spent with friends. I realize now I hadn't been messaging him in the same happy/funny way.

I used to be funny all the time with him as I didn't have a lot of friends in hs. Coming to college I made more friends and thus spent less time on my phone. As a result my ex boyfriend got less attention and I appeared to him as changing into a different person

Long story short, he dumped me and I didn't understand why until I looked back at screenshots of our old texts. I miss them... With college I just was more distracted and in person conversations with my friends were valued more to me. I put my boyfriend on the back burner and somewhat ignored his issues because he was always negative and sad. I still cared about him it's just I was a little selfish and put my friends first.

I regret this now. I'm still the same funny person and I miss him. He's a really good guy. At one point I found messages of him texting other girls while we were dating. (Flirty, sexual, etc). I was hurt. But I didn't realize that my ex was just desperate for my attention.

He warned me many times how if I didn't value him more he would dump me. He admitted to bein controlling and so I put his comments like these to the side and kept living my life.

He broke up with me many times because of this and then the next day he would appologize for being crazy. I still feel at fault for the failure of the relationship and I want him.

We have been "broken up" for about 3 months but we still talked a little each day. I thought we had agreed to try and fix it while I kept my friend oriented lifestyle. I still wasn't as funny and talkative Bc I couldn't be on my phone all day and I was stressed out too

About 3 weeks ago he told me we shouldn't talk anymore Bc he was talking to someone new.

Advice?
2
1