My ex-boyfriend who I want back just texted me?

I have been broken up with my boyfriend since February after about 6 months of constant fighting due to stress in his life and me moving to college. We have always been long distance and we were very much in love.

We remained messaging one another since the break up and I thought we were going to try and make it better. (See other post for more details about the breakup)

About a month or so ago he seemed resistant to wanting to message me and he really wanted to move on because he didn't see me trying to fix the relationship. The truth is, I really wasn't actively trying and that's my fault. Turns out he has been talking to another girl for this past month and he seems to like her. She is long distance too which was one of my ex's reasons for breaking up with me.

So about 2 weeks ago I began becoming very desperate and I messages him saying sorry a million times. At this point I had been learning more about myself and the relationship and I was willing to fix it. By the time that it took me to learn my lesson and step up to the plate to fix the relationship he had moved on. This is when I became very heartbroken.

I cried to him on the phone and messaged him constantly out of desperation. I know you aren't supposed to do this, but I couldn't help myself... I was so sad. He told me we had no chance and that he really like this new girl. He posted a pic of her as his WCW.

He knew I was really depressed and sad these past few weeks. Today he messaged me "Hey, how have you been lately?"

My question is: Is he just trying to be friendly and make sure I didn't hurt myself or something or is he trying to spark a conversation with me and try again at the relationship.

How should I respond if I want him back or should I not respond at all so that he thinks I'm not desperate for him? I don't want to be mean and not respond if he is just checking up on me... But i want him back at the same time and I don't want to face rejection again if tell him how much I miss him
+1 y
He asked me if I had sex or kissed anyone yet? Does this mean he secretly has feelings for me? What does this mean?
3
0