When is it okay to keep gifts from ex?

Me and my ex broke up 2 years ago. It was not an amiable break up and we have not spoke since then. I was cleaning out my closet today and tossed all the things he gave me, except for one item. I stuck them in there 2 years ago because my feelings wouldn't let me let go. The one item is a DVD of a tv series. My emotional side wants me to toss it and buy my own copy. My logical side says keep and watch it and no reason to feel guilty for saving a dime. What would you do? When is it appropriate to keep gifts from an ex?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually have a little box of old memories and a lot of stuff is there from old flings with girls. Some stuff from the Marine Corps. Just memories. My ex was with me for 3 years. I still have some letters she wrote me and stuff. I'll keep all that stuff forever. My situation is a little different then what you are suggesting though. I think you should just keep it.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, I think it's okay to keep them. It's important not to get too emotional or too caught up in the past. DVD's are just DVD's, after all.