Why doesn't he want to be back together?

My Ex boyfriend and I have a very complicated history of first me going cold on our relationship, then trying to get back together and so it went back and forth a couple of times. During all this time (nearly a year now) we have always stayed in contact and share a deep connection despite all the complication.
Two months ago he wanted to make a clear cut - either being together or be apart. At that moment I had a lot on my plate with other stuff and couldn't agree to be back together.
After that I slowly realized what a huge mistake I had made and how in love I have always been with this guy that I can't imagine a future without him.
Three weeks ago I gathered all my courage and told him how I feel and that I wanted to try again. He was very hesitant and told me that he thinks that he is still in love with me but the thought of us breaking up again is blocking his will of being together.
I am so unsure what to do. There's also another girl involved that he's seeing and he lied to me about having seen her the day before we met yesterday. I am so afraid that our turbulent future has destroyed all chances of getting back together and that this new girl is the "easier" choice for him. I asked him directly if his blockage has something to do with choosing between two women, but he said no.

What can I do, I don't want to push him, I don't want to beg - I only want to be with him and make him see that we can do it this time and have learned from our mistakes.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• u did wrong... literally I've gone through the same situation believe me it hurts like m dead m no more... I even can't live without her she came back in a hour and gave her another chance cause I love her soo much and she loves me too and we can't​ live without each other

Most Helpful Girl

• Yiu hurt him. Sometimes you can't bounce back from heartbreak. Give him some space for now but if anything you need to proove to him that things will be different. He has lost trust in you. For good reasons. Actions speak a lot louder then words. The person who was dumped should never have to be the one to reach out. You need to put in the work now if you really want to be with him. you need to proove to him that he can trust you. And maybe jumping right into a relationship is a bad idea, take it slow.

What Guys Said 2

• "My Ex boyfriend and I have a very complicated history"

Probably because of that.

• Nothing you can do. You likely made it hard for him to trust you by constantly pushing him away.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!