Is it time for the talk?

So me and this guy have been talking for about 2 months and some change. We've had sex, spent almost everyday together, and act like we are together. We've met each others parents, and his mother thought we were boyfriend and girlfriend. We told each other that we loved each other, but we planned on not saying it for a while because we agreed it seemed too early to be feeling that way. And he brought it up first. One night he said "I wish I knew you longer..." I asked why, and he said because he wanted to say something, but he felt it was too early. I instantly knew what he was talking about. Anyways, I know I love him, and I want us to last for a while, because I think we are great together. He says the sweetest things like "You're the girl of my dreams." and calls me beautiful more than he calls me sexy. Only 2 things are bothering me.The face that I'm not sure he's entirely over his ex girlfriend, and the fact that we'll be texting each other, and in the middle of the conversation he'll randomly stop texting me. It's kinda annoying. I'm just wondering if it's rational for me to want to have the talk? I haven't told my friends about him, because I don't want to run off at the mouth telling people he's my boyfriend just to find out that he doesn't want that.

11

What Guys Said 1

• the talk should come before sex.

What Girls Said 1

• Well.. I don't understand why he doesn't just say he loves you. You say it when you feel it. Regardless of how early or late... and would it really matter if he knew you longer? Its kinda odd that ya'll aren't together officially but yet he wants to say it... at the same time he doesn't. I think he is just playing you. Maybe you should have to talk and if he says something gay like "why put labels?" then you will know he is playing you. I have read so many times the same thing about how a guy does this and in the end he was just messing with her. I have had it done to me once.