Your honest opinion on monogamy?

What do you think about spending the rest of your life with the same person? I want you to consider all aspects of the relationship, and assuming you don't cheat, going to bed with the same person for the rest of your living days

The idea is rather daunting, but I think its also very beautiful, and fairytale like. And I feel like, if you can find someone who wants to spend the rest of their life with you in today's loose world, then its amazing. I'm still on a fence in this tho :(

23

Most Helpful Girl

• In a world where people ALLOW themselves to be easily TEMPTED I still BELIEVE in monogamy. I'm 25 so I've gone out with my SHARE of guys . . I've had some LOUSY times , but I also KNOW what it's like to be CONTENT within a MOMENT. So to answer your question I DO think I could spend the rest of my life with JUST one person. I have never "dreamed" of a big WEDDING or where I would spend my "honeymoon" , but I have given thought on whether I could say forever and actually MEAN it. I'm NOT ready just yet , but I WOULD love to have that life. I'm not NAIVE so I know it won't always be EASY, but I think it's WORTH it.

What Guys Said 3

• When I'm not in a relationship I'll sleep around, sometimes with more than one at a time, and I feel no shame about it.

However when I'm in a relationship, I'm in a relationship. My sex drive and stamina is very high and I could go for an entire day if the opportunity presented itself, I'm also into kinky play so it takes quite a while to get old. That doesn't mean however that if my future girlfriend wants to occasionally attend a swingers party or something along those lines, I'd be open to it under the right circumstances.

It's all personal choice, just need to find your comfort zone and stick to it.

• It would probably be impossible to find the person whom you'd enjoy the rest of your lives together. But that's just me being pessimistic.

• Fuck that

What Girls Said 1

• Well, I don't think monogamy is right for everyone. Some people don't want to be with one person for their entire life, and others even feel that it's wrong for them to be in a monogamous relationship (they feel that they can love more than one person at a time and that they shouldn't have to limit their life to only one loving relationship).

Personally, I could feel happy in a monogamous relationship with the right person, but I don't think it's necessary for me to be with just one person. I'm currently in a polyamorous relationship. My partner and I are open to date, have sex with, and possibly fall in love with and be in a relationship with other people, if we choose to do so (and we are completely honest about it). We don't believe that you only have a certain amount of love, so if you love someone else, it takes away from the love you had for the first person. It isn't always easy. There are things that do have real limits, such as time or resources, so you have to find a balance in that sense.

Even though our relationship is very different from most, it's still very similar in a lot of aspects. We're still committed to each other, love each other, have fun together, live together, share resources, and hope to spend our lives together. And one nice thing is that I never have to worry about my partner cheating on me.

This kind of relationship works for us, but I know it wouldn't work for everyone (probably the majority).

• Haha Not everyones that open minded. Me included. but I'm glad it works for you guys :)